CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Chris
6 posters

Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion? Empty Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion?

Post by Chris Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 am

From what you have experienced, or observed, are children of strict parents more likely to rebel or act out?
    Do you believe that 'strict' parenting is a method that more (or less) parents should apply to child rearing?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion? Empty Re: Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 am

If it goes too far, it'll be counter productive. But without a degree of strictness, you just breed self-entitled monsters who go around making everyone's lives miserable.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion? Empty Re: Is strict parenting more likely to cause rebellion?

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm

I don't know, because when I was growing up, the strictest parents I knew were my own, and compared to the other kids in the neighborhood whose parents were not strict at all, my brother and I were a couple of angels.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 am

It depends on how strict the parents are. If they're completely rigid and inflexible and never listen to the kids then yes, it can cause rebellion, but if they're firm but loving, it's not as likely to lead to rebellion.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

It goes both ways. I think that the number one thing that causes rebellion is when parents are not consistent in what they do. Kids get messed up when they don't know what to expect.

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 pm

No matter what parenting method someone uses kids are still likely to rebel, but I do think the more tyrannical the parent is, the more likely the kid will act out when they taste their first bit of freedom. Overall I think strict parenting is more likely to have the OPPOSITE affect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:18 am