Are you health conscious?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you health conscious?

Go down 
+10
Nhaiyel
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
CatEyes10736
Marc™
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
Supernova
femme fatale
14 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Are you health conscious?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 am

Hey All.

Just curious.. Who among us is on a health kick? Do you eat right? Do you browse nutritional information when you shop? If so, what do you look at? Carbs? Protein? Sodium?

Do you eat your veggies or are you a fast/prepared food addict? Do you workout? Walk/run/jumping jacks?

I hear a lot of people taking care of the outside (hair, nails, clothes) but not so much about what going on inside...

I personally toggle back and forth. Since I was a teen, I go on a cycle of (about) 2 years on, one year off. I will start eating bad and being lazy and over the course of a year will pack on extra pounds. Then, it usually takes me a couple months to find the ambition to do something about it. Then, I'm good for a year or 2 then, well yanno - rinse and repeat.

As I get older - I find I am beginning to get sick of it... I just want to eat right and not be weak to temptation and over indulgences (regularly). And it's IN my control... There aren't alot of things in life you have complete control over. What i choose to put in my mouth and how I choose to treat my body is something I have complete control over.

So, what about ya'?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 am

I've been health conscious since I was a kid, but that still never stopped me from eating all the junk I could get my hands on. I go back and forth from day to day, I do check the labels on the food, like if I'm buying juice I check to make sure it's 100% I'm getting and not 50% and extra water and sugar, and I try to get in vegetables and fruit as much as possible, and yet, I know it ain't much.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am

I try to be as health conscious as I can, luckily I don't gain weight that easily yet. I eat fruits, am not too crazy about most veggies but I like salads a lot. I used to work out 3 times a week and have to get into that again soon.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 am

I kind of go back and forth on how health-conscious I am. Like you, Femme, I'll put on a little bit of weight, and then that's when I'll do something about it. I started a health kick in late October where I would exercise anywhere from 3-6 times a week and really limit myself on the soda, which I think was my main problem, because I drank so much of it. These last five weeks or so I've been incredibly lazy with my exercise! I would always do treadmill or a Tae Bo DVD. I did (and still try) to limit my calorie intake to 1,500 per day. It's much easier for me to limit what I eat than it is to exercise. But when it comes to food labels, I just look at the calories, I don't pay attention to sodium or fat calories or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:59 pm

I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian since 1970 so that cuts out a lot of meats that are considered unhealthy in our standard diet.

However, my diet could include mayonnaise, pizza, donuts, butter and any number of fat laden foods - and I ate all of those until my mid 40s when I realized I was not burning it off and my gut was getting bigger.

I am now on a reduced fat diet with increased exercise to compensate for age related weight gain.

So you could say I am health conscious.

Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I tried to be a vegetarian once....that last for all of a day and a half.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Marc™ wrote:

Not even. I lasted about half a day when I tried it.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Since becoming pregnant, I am very conscious of health issues in regard to the pregnancy. If you mean in general, as far as food and exercise then I have to say that some months/years are a little better than others. There have been times when I've been on a big health kick and others when I went ahead and ate a sundae as dessert with my pizza slice(s). lol
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Marc™ wrote:

I thought about trying it, never actually tried. I know I could give up red meat if I really wanted to, but chicken? I thought about becoming a pescatarian too, that I might actually do.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

I try to be, but I still enjoy junkfood. I just try and balance everything. I do need to get back in shape, though, and would be in better health if I could drop about 20 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 am

I consider myself health conscious. I read food labels, and when I shop I try to stay away from the middle aisles of the grocery store. I look for sugar content mostly. Your body does need some fats, so I'm not on a no-fat or low-fat diet, so much as being more concerned about sat fats and trans fats. My mom grows vegetables, but when that's not feasable (like now), I buy my veggies at whole foods. I do eat meat, but very little. For some reason I'm actually getting tired of it. I largely avoid fried or battered foods, and I don't buy vegetable or cooking oil. I discovered grape seed oil about three years ago and I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 am

am i health conscious? no not really
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:48 pm

I am. I don't want to eat junk and don't want to feed my son junk. Though we are not people who never partake in the bad for us food choices...just once in a while.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Not as much as I should. I have an inborn inability to give up bacon. And chocolate.
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:26 am

Health conscious? For Christmas I was given a gym membership that I didn't ask for. It came from my Daddy. He looked at me, gave me a weak smile and said, "Well, Baby Doll - it'll be good for you!". Okay. And while he's not the most subtle person on earth, neither am I. So, I'll chin up and hit the gym.

I've finally started making healthier choices when it comes to food. Working at a grocery store has helped me tremendously. Our Organic choices rule my world, I love them. I'm so inspired by the herbs and fresh veggies that I'm starting to enjoy cooking. Winter time means roasting things in the oven. Squash, root veggies, cauliflower, Brussle sprouts and asparagus are awesome when you toss them in a little olive oil and herbs/seasonings of your choice then roast them at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes. When I'm not working during dinner time I'll throw a pan of veggies in the oven to roast then I'll pair them with fish (which I could easily eat at least 4 days a week), a turkey loin or breast or a pork loin or chop. Once or sometimes twice a month I'll treat myself to a nice piece of steak. Pasta's another favorite of mine but I save that for days when I know there will be at least one other person to help me eat it.

I'll eat the whole darn egg in the morning, only because I have very low bad cholesterol and high "good" cholesterol - I was blessed with good genes in that respect. If I have a leisurely morning I'll make a little pot of Irish oatmeal, it's just a steel cut oat but it has way more flavor than the instant stuff.

On a long drive out of town, I took a bag filled with baby carrots, a yellow bell pepper sliced into chips and some celery sticks. I also took a little tub of hummus (delicious stuff), a couple cheese sticks, an apple, a banana and a bag of red seedless grapes. And a gallon of water. I made sure I had a good protein breakfast, jumped into the car and went. I had to stop twice for gas and a bathroom break, but the snacks carried me through the whole 12 hour trip without the slightest problem. No energy crash from sugar or caffeine, no tummy troubles from fast food.

Oh, I also spent three nights in a hotel room. Luckily it had a nice mini 'fridge and a decent microwave, so it was easy to pick a few things from the store that could be eaten as is or warmed in the microwave. Saved quite a bit of cash and calories by not dining out for my meals.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 am

Interesting replies. See for me, I can easily cut out meats. It's that sweet stuff I have to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you health conscious?    Are you health conscious?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you health conscious?
Page 1 of 1