The Old Dark House Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Old Dark House

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Has anybody seen either version of this movie?

The 1932 original is more horror/mystery whereas the 1963 William Castle remake was a comedy through and through. It's been several years since I've seen the original though I do remember some parts and it had a few laughs in it as well, especially the old woman who kept saying 'no beds', that 'we've got no beds', and from what I remember of it, I liked it, and I also liked the newer one.

The last part of the '63 remake was very funny but the movie itself had a slow build up, so you need a good attention span to watch that one, I think anyway.

Neither seem to get much recognition today, and I hope it's not remade again because they just don't get 'em right anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 pm

SN I think I saw this movie (the re-make) as a kid it sounds very familiar was Tom Poston in it?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes yes, Tom Poston, Mr. Bickley from Mork and Mindy. Tom Poston was also in William Castle's movie Zotz, which is very hard to comeby movie and I never saw all of that one, but it's about a guy, Poston, who finds a ring and if he wears it and points at people with it, they keel over.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Supernova wrote:
Yes yes, Tom Poston, Mr. Bickley from Mork and Mindy. Tom Poston was also in William Castle's movie Zotz, which is very hard to comeby movie and I never saw all of that one, but it's about a guy, Poston, who finds a ring and if he wears it and points at people with it, they keel over.

I can't believe I remembered that I was pretty young when I saw that movie but I seem to remember his face. I never heard of Zotz but it sounds funny.

Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 pm

You can't forget a face like that. And even if you could, you can't forget the voice. He was truly a memorable actor, whether or not that's a good thing however, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Supernova wrote:
You can't forget a face like that. And even if you could, you can't forget the voice. He was truly a memorable actor, whether or not that's a good thing however, I don't know.

There was a show on PBS one night showing a lot of the old comedy actors and he was one of them, it was quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Old Dark House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Dark House   The Old Dark House Empty

Back to top Go down

The Old Dark House
Page 1 of 1