what is the longest distance you have ever walked? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is the longest distance you have ever walked?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Marc™
Chris
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RedBedroom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

what is the longest distance you have ever walked? Empty
PostSubject: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 am

I am trying to determine if I can finish the Chicago Marathon (walking) this Oct. I need to poop or get off the pot on this if I am gonna do it. I don't know if I have it in me to maintain a 14 minute mile to finish while the finish line is still open.

So, what is the longest you ever walked in one stretch?

Any marathon walkers here?
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:52 am

I'm not a marathon walker, but I used to have to talk over towns before I had a car. I love walking. It's a shame my knees don't allow for it as much anymore. sad
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:55 am

Aw, sorry about the knees. And you are pretty young, aren't you? I ask because my step daughter is a Sr. in college and her knees are shot from volleyball and track.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

I'm not totally sure. I think the longest distance was probably approximately three miles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Probably 4 miles.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Same here about 4 maybe 5 miles.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't run much anymore because of my knees bit walking doesn't bother them at all so I do about 5 miles most mornings or after work. I've done about 20 for a March of Dimes walk-a-thon.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't know. You walk a lot in NYC, even if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Marc™ wrote:
Probably 4 miles.
That distance comes to mind, because I am pretty much bored with walking after 4 or 5 miles. However I haven't had occasion to walk any great distances, since I am on my bike for my normal six mile trip each day.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 am

I'm really not sure but the furthest I've run is about 15 K's but that was a few years ago when a friend and I were training for a half marathon. Problem is, we started training in the spring and then when autumn hit, she was in a serious car accident and work really picked up for me, so we never got beyond out 15 K's.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:26 pm

So Red...you going for it?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:35 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Aw, sorry about the knees. And you are pretty young, aren't you? I ask because my step daughter is a Sr. in college and her knees are shot from volleyball and track.

This is one reason why I don't get sports, everybody's all 'oh it's so great, it gives them self esteem, it gives them team spirit', blah blah blah, yeah and it wear and tears on all their joints and muscles so that by the time they're barely grown a lot of them already have permanent problems for life, and for what, 15 minutes of glory on the field?

And to answer, never very far because we're close to everything, down and back from somewhere maybe 10 or 12 blocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is the longest distance you have ever walked?   what is the longest distance you have ever walked? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is the longest distance you have ever walked?
Page 1 of 1