CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Funniest movie you have ever seen

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Funniest movie you have ever seen Empty Funniest movie you have ever seen

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:07 am

If you had to pick one, what would it be?

This is not an easy one for me to make because comedies are my favorite genre, and I love so many of them, so many great laugh-a-minute films, but THE one I believe I laughed the hardest at was W.C. Fields' It's a Gift from 1934. I only saw that movie once but I remember it well and would love to see it again, we all just loved that, I'm the one who can never stop laughing but every time he grabbed something in the new house and it fell apart, that had even my mother in stitches and she doesn't laugh at the old movies too easily for some reason.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Funniest movie you have ever seen Empty Re: Funniest movie you have ever seen

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:57 am

I love W.C. Fields

but the one movie I can think of that had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breath was A Christmas Story.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 am

I loved The Dentist, his daughter in it was so funny, knew the answer to everything.

"Where're my golf clubs?" *trips*
    "You just tripped over them."
    "Where's my cap?"
    "In the drawer."
    "Unlock the door."
    "You have the key."

We love A Christmas Story, we watch it every year, and I remember as kids we laughed at so much of it, especially the piggie scene, though I remember at one point wondering 'WHY is this so funny?' but for that scene, Darren McGavin's look when he puts his paper down and then hides behind it again is just priceless.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 am

There was just something about Jean Shepherd's narration that did me in. "My brother Randy lay there like a slug. It was is only defense."

I totally forgot that I lost it during the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles too. That was in a theater. Boy did I get some looks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:03 am