The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....

Go down 
+3
MandyPerfumeGirl
Supernova
Marc™
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... Empty
PostSubject: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 am

You don't know which one is the correct one....I mean, if one doctor tells you that you have cancer and another doctor tells you that you don't, shouldn't you consult a third doctor for the tie-breaker?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:26 am

That's what I've always said, or what if you go to 10 different doctors and they either all have a different opinion or give you an equal amount of two differen opinions? Of course I still wouldn't just blindly believe what the first doctor says.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

You may have to go to a third doctor for a tie-breaker, or you may not, depending on what the second doctor says. For being well-educated, there's a large number of doctors who are total idiots. I think sometimes with second opinions, sometimes one will be just make more sense and also sit in your gut better than the other. It may have a lot to do with instinct.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Marc™ wrote:
You don't know which one is the correct one....I mean, if one doctor tells you that you have cancer and another doctor tells you that you don't, shouldn't you consult a third doctor for the tie-breaker?

Of course. However, I think that's a scenerio that is highly unlikely based on the expertise or competence of the doctor. One doc telling you you have cancer and the other doc saying you don't would be 99.9999% based on a lab error.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 am

I'd probably get a third opinion
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Granted, getting two vastly different diagnosis is unlikely. But the thing for me is that I have seen two doctors differ vastly on course of treatment in more than one case.

I learned when I broke my neck how doctors can differ in course of treatment. The first surgeon wanted to cut my neck in front and back to do the surgery. The second surgeon would do it just cutting the back of my neck. Also, the first wanted to use donor bone, and the second my own, taken from my hip.

The thing is to not let the second know he is the second. That way when they say their course, you can say what you were already told to gauge how confident they are in what they said.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Marc™ wrote:

The doctor who says you don't has to come up with some explanation for what is actually wrong or he or she is just wasting your time. Then it probably would take a third to figure out what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....   The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions".... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Problem w/ "2nd Opinions"....
Page 1 of 1