Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?

Go down 
+9
TSJFan4Ever
Nhaiyel
Alan Smithee
MandyPerfumeGirl
TPP
captainbryce
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Chris
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?   Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm sure saying that would make it easier for you to fight but it ain't what I am saying so you'll have to find something else to nitpick. Wink
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?   Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm sure saying that would make it easier for you to fight but it ain't what I am saying so you'll have to find something else to nitpick. Wink
Did you or did you NOT say this:

"a pill won't make a kid truly learn easier at all"

The answer is either YES or NO. If the answer is YES, then this statement completely invalidates any argument for ADHD medical treatment. If the answer is NO, then it completely validates it. You can't have it both ways. Either way I WIN! big grin

Oh, and before you decide what it was that you actually said/meant by that, let me remind you that the statement is an ABSOLUTE because of the words "at all".
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?   Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:06 pm

No, you don't win. A pill is not the only way to TREAT something. Razz I can fully acknowledge that ADHD is real while still believing that it is overdiagnosed, and also not always something that needs a pill!

As I said, you're nitpicking cause you like fighting but you're grasping at straws to make yourself by fighting against an imaginary foe! big grin You come off as desperate.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?   Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
No, you don't win. A pill is not the only way to TREAT something.
But that's NOT what you said (nor was that ever in debate). What you said was QUOTE: "a pill won't make a kid truly learn easier AT ALL" That's two completely different positions!

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Razz I can fully acknowledge that ADHD is real while still believing that it is overdiagnosed, and also not always something that needs a pill!
That's true, you can believe that. And if your opinion is based soley off of your "belief", then there is no reason to continue debating it. But it's not a reasonable belief because it can't be justified by any facts. So my opinion is that I disagree with your belief on that basis, and on the basis that my belief IS based on facts. MEDICAL FACTS!

Forgiveness Man wrote:
As I said, you're nitpicking cause you like fighting but you're grasping at straws to make yourself by fighting against an imaginary foe! big grin You come off as desperate.
To you perhaps. I'll let the other members of this thread be the judge of that once they read everything that's been said between BOTH parties! smug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?   Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is ADHD/ADD overdiagnosed in America?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2