CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Suzi
TSJFan4Ever
Alan Smithee
Shale
RobbieFTW
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RedBedroom
TPP
Supernova
13 posters

Talking to your kids about sex

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Talking to your kids about sex - Page 2 Empty Re: Talking to your kids about sex

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:35 am

Agh, Shale you dissapoint... I thought for sure you would have a grand poetic man-to-boy tutorial on the matter...And the reason is that I think a nudist, girl or Papa, is the perfect to explain the merits and discounts of each.

I ended up doing a gawd awful drawing of how a tampon works and having to explain why a girl in his class today had a "thing" in her pants making her appear to have a protruding tail...Aye....

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Talking to your kids about sex - Page 2 Empty Re: Talking to your kids about sex

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:39 am

RedBedroom wrote:
    I ended up doing a gawd awful drawing of how a tampon works and having to explain why a girl in his class today had a "thing" in her pants making her appear to have a protruding tail...Aye....

ROFLMAO! I'm sorry, but that's just too funny...now, I don't have any kids yet, and for all I know, I never will, but if I do, I think when it comes time to explain that stuff I'm just going to take the bull by the horns and be up front about it all.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:43 am

Super, I can tell my son about a lot, almost everything....but this whole "cycle" stuff gives me pause...

I did not have a mom who was good at all that either ((though she was a totally awesome lady)). I literally made my own pads...TP with Scotch tape. FAIL.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:47 am

RedBedroom wrote:Super, I can tell my son about a lot, almost everything....but this whole "cycle" stuff gives me pause...

I did not have a mom who was good at all that either ((though she was a totally awesome lady)). I literally made my own pads...TP with Scotch tape. FAIL.

Again, sorry but ROFLMAO! , well my mother did not talk to me about a lot of stuff in regards to sex and the body, but she was a bit more forward than that...she made my father go to the store and buy pads until I was old enough to get down to the store by myself and pick them up.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 am

Super, I am not going to make the guys here blush by detailing my plight, but I will say, good for you that your dad did buy you pads! I did end up having to steal my feminine hygiene products. And not because we were a poor family, just that we were a family who did not know how to have a daughter. I wasn't sure how to ask for them, and that is how it was. My parents had me late, so Mom went through the change before I started.

My son tells me that in his school, girls are rather happy to report when they start and it is all a general topic. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 am

Neutral How old are these kids?

Happy to report? Clearly nobody ever bothered to tell them about 'too much information'.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:11 am

I thought the same thing in regard to TMI. They are in 6th. I told Joe that in my day, girls kept all the starting times secret from the boys.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:23 am

RedBedroom wrote: I told Joe that in my day, girls kept all the starting times secret from the boys.

I still do. laughing
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:31 am

LOL..the jig is up on this end...I told him all my preferences and why. That was one awkward car ride to the Y tonight....
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:35 am

Oh Red - I shouldn't be laughing, but I am. You have such a way with words - lol!

On a more serious note, though, I'm sorry there was no one around to guide you. Much as it disgusted me when I learned about it all, my mom was there for me, helping my and supporting me and guiding me on what to buy.

I was lucky with my Dad, too, as he'd done a PhysEd degree and coached girls basketball for years, so while, as a 12 year old, I wasn't happy my Dad knew about "the change", a couple of years later, I was more okay with it and could tell my Dad that it was that time of month and not blush or be embarrassed.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 am

Ha, TSJ...
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am

Supernova wrote: ...she made my father go to the store and buy pads until I was old enough to get down to the store by myself and pick them up.
    I get points for that. Blue Cool

And, my daughter is now obligated to go buy my Depends when I get old and incontinent, because when she was a self-conscious teen, I used to pick up her tampons for her.

Doncha hate to buy something that lets the teller and all those strangers in line know a most intimate detail about your body? blushing

Well, unless of course you are buying Magnum condoms.
    big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 am

RedBedroom wrote:...I told Joe that in my day, girls kept all the starting times secret from the boys.

My daughter had PMS. I knew a week in advance what time of month it was. blank stare @ you

We got rid of her at 18 and it became her BF's problem (and later my gradson's)

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:35 am