CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
RedBedroom
7 posters

I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here? Empty I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:45 am

Obviously, if you don't believe in God, you wouldn't.

Anyway, I would love to see what others have to say. I do always hesitate to share mine, as it paints me as a not very good person.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here? Empty Re: I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here?

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 am

I'm not sure I understand the question.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here? Empty Re: I am curious....who would be willing to share their testimony to God here?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:53 am

I mean your testament to how you know God and that God is real.

As having a Baptist history, giving one's testament is like a shoe size offer!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 am

That's a tough one to answer...I don't think I ever doubted that God exists, there have been a few times in my life where I considered the possibility that there wasn't a God and that everything did just happen by chance and that there's nothing in death, no life after death, etc., but it was never an idea I could hold onto for very long because it doesn't have much merit with me.

About as far back as I can remember, I've always believed that God exists...I never really had much reason to question the possibility of otherwise...it's a hard question to answer because for each person it is different, what does convince a person that God exists?

Actually this reminds me of a joke Christopher Titus had in one of his specials, 'I was married for 15 years, God exists!' but I digress, I personally can NOT just see the entire universe and our planet and everything around us and us ourselves as just all happening by chance or an accident, if all this was an accident, what the hell would've happened if the universe managed to get it right? And how do you determine the universe making a mistake? And then you get into how did the universe start and what was before it since it goes on forever and is always expanding? And this is an area where it's hard not to laugh because there are atheists who insist they don't know HOW the universe started, that science doesn't have an answer for that, but even with no answer, that as an answer is SO much more solid than the idea of God existing and creating everything. They want to argue that their inconclusive nothing is more credible than the idea of something. See that doesn't make sense to me, that's like arguing 2 and 2 is 7 instead of 4.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks for the reply, Super.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 am

How do I know God exists? It makes sense and nothing else does. Razz It's simple as that. I'm a person of reason and I've reasoned long ago that God has to be real. Sure, it's a bit of faith to accept a God that I can't see but I don't see it as a blind faith at all. God's reasonable, the most reasonable thing I can imagine. I'd be lying if I said my faith was NEVER shaken in the slightest, but the reality that nothing but God makes an iota of sense always brings me back. If I ever find myself asking "What if he's not real?" then I'm left with answering the questions of what is then true. Nothing else makes sense; God makes sense.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:01 am

I believe that God is fate. Once I almost fell over a *very* high cliff. Seriously, I tripped and was mere inches away from going over. Lucky for me, someone happened to be close by and quickly grabbed my arm. Had that not happened, I wouldn't be here. I think that was one of my first testimonies of God. The second was the birth of my daughter.

Last edited by Chris on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 am

Chris, I think I can speak for all the other members here when I say we're glad you had a guardian angel. But seriously...you can't always be falling off very high cliffs. One time is usually all you get. Wink
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 am

Once again I was typing too fast Uncle Al. Smile
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:56 pm

I only point these things out if they're funny. I'm a terrible speller and no expert in grammar myself. Plus, I only type with too fingers.

big grin
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:39 pm

I believe in a higher power, of some sort, I just don't know what that looks like or means.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:50 pm

I believe in God. I used to be an atheist, but now I would classify myself as an "inactive believer," meaning I don't read the Bible much or go to church. But I do believe He exists. But I also don't understand Him, how He can allow so much devastation. Maybe He's a misunderstood genius. The reason I believe in Him is that I simply cannot believe that the highest power in this world are humans. Humans, as a whole, are stupid, so I have to believe someone higher exists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:43 am