Holding your working teens check. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holding your working teens check.

Go down 
+4
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Cheaps
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Holding your working teens check. Empty
PostSubject: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 am

Do you think that parents should hold their working teenagers check? I can't imagine such a thing, but I had a friend once who said that when he was a teenager, working a part time job after school, when he got paid his (overbearing) mother basically confiscated the check and only gave him a percentage of his earnings. Her attitude was, since he was a minor she had every right to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:32 am

my ma threatened me one time.. she had caught me wit bud for the 3rd time, the last time she did, i was at work and she found it in my room, she called me at work, and threatened to hold my check, she said same thing, that she had every right to, she also threatened to call cops... i was just like, ok. i was about 17

from then on i HAD to start rememberin where i put my bud, and better places to hide it
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

I think that's disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am

I think it's stupid, after all WHO is the one doing the work to get the check in the first place? Now, if the teenager is irresponsible and does something that costs a lot in damages, THEN I could see doing that to make sure they have to pay for it, but otherwise no
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Legally, a parent has a right to do this. Ethically, no.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:10 pm

My girls started working at 14 and 15 , frankly it never entered my mind to take the money from them. It did enter my mind to stop giving them an allowance. The older girl was so fussy about clothes that it was a relief that she could afford her taste.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think that parents should hold their working teenagers check?

No. When I got my first part time job as a teenager, my parents had I pony up some of it for rent…their way of getting me used to the fact that paychecks come with responsibility; but there was no way I would have tolerated them taking my check and then giving me an allowance from it. That would have just made me quit the job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 am

Chris, in your OP, you describe my guy's youth....he was forced to quit school to earn a buck and give it to her.

So, yeah, I think it is wrong. Though I feel it is fair to dictate it goes to important things like car insurance or college funds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holding your working teens check.   Holding your working teens check. Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding your working teens check.
Page 1 of 1