CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Empty Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 am

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 51xSls-K8nL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz F221eb6709a0b696b6f14110.L._SL500_AA240_

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Scarystories2pic10

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Smttitd4

Who remembers these from when they were a kid?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Empty Re: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't, were they good?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Empty Re: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh yeah...some of them are the age old urban legends everybody knows about, but they're all good and some of them VERY creepy, and the illustrations! Wow! Oh the illustrations!

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Scarystorysamsnewpet

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 0

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Smttitd3

VERY creepy stuff!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:19 am

o wow! i remember these books.. Smile

i remember one bout the "viper" another i sorta remember was that high beam one, and another where this girl was dared to go to a grave, i think stand over it, i think was supposed to put flowers on or somethin, but when she tried to walk away, she thought somethin bad grabbed her and she got so scared she died? but she had somehow pinned her dress to grave or something? i also remember "who stole my golden arm? or was it golden hand?

its been at least 20 years since ive layed eyes on them books.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am

My kids LOVE these books. I think that getting into these books was probably a big help for their reading fluency. I read them when I was a kid too...
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I wish I'd had them to read as a kid because when I was little, horror stories were my biggest fascination. Thank God for these:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Fright_Time_06-1

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 52916

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 9781603401241

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 178504

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 188517

Otherwise I wouldn't have had anything to read between the ages of 9 and 12 outside of the books for school.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Supernova wrote:I wish I'd had them to read as a kid because when I was little, horror stories were my biggest fascination. Thank God for these:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz Fright_Time_06-1

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 52916

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 9781603401241

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 178504

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 188517

Did you ever read any of the RL Stine books?

Otherwise I wouldn't have had anything to read between the ages of 9 and 12 outside of the books for school.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 pm

No, we didn't even watch the Goosebumps show because for some reason my mother didn't let us...I don't know why...and at the time we didn't even know there were books, I didn't set foot in a library until I was 13 and we didn't have any place around here to buy them, at least not that I knew of at the time.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Supernova wrote:No, we didn't even watch the Goosebumps show because for some reason my mother didn't let us...I don't know why...and at the time we didn't even know there were books, I didn't set foot in a library until I was 13 and we didn't have any place around here to buy them, at least not that I knew of at the time.

lol, I read goosebumps books but I have no idea if there was a show back then. I remember reading "I know what you did last summer" when I was a kid, then the movie came out.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 pm

I saw the movie first, was NOT impressed with it, then a couple years later I got the book, I LIKED it and still have a copy and sent another one home to my nephews and sister so they could read it.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Supernova wrote:I saw the movie first, was NOT impressed with it, then a couple years later I got the book, I LIKED it and still have a copy and sent another one home to my nephews and sister so they could read it.

My kids like the goosebumps books and shows, the shows are so silly.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I would figure they would be, the books all seem to have such silly titles, I haven't read any of them though I did read quite a few of the Fear Street books, but I gotta wonder exactly what was it my brother and I were being shielded from as kids? Were the stories even that scary? I mean we watched Are You Afraid of the Dark? on Nickelodeon, could Goosebumps compare to that?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Supernova wrote:I would figure they would be, the books all seem to have such silly titles, I haven't read any of them though I did read quite a few of the Fear Street books, but I gotta wonder exactly what was it my brother and I were being shielded from as kids? Were the stories even that scary? I mean we watched Are You Afraid of the Dark? on Nickelodeon, could Goosebumps compare to that?

they are actually ridiculous, lol. There's one where a sponge under the sink is possessed by some kind of evil spirit or something. But they did scare my 3 yo, so maybe your mom was onto something.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I know another series your kids might like, TPP, The Midnight Library series by Damien Graves (ha ha). They only came out a couple of years ago but they're very good, I'm 21 and they creep me out, they're very good, very well written I think. Have you heard of them?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Supernova wrote:I know another series your kids might like, TPP, The Midnight Library series by Damien Graves (ha ha). They only came out a couple of years ago but they're very good, I'm 21 and they creep me out, they're very good, very well written I think. Have you heard of them?

I haven't, but I bet they would like them. I'll check them out. Right now they are hooked on Baby Mouse books.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:15 pm

They're good:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 0439871883_xlg

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 14762782

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 9780439893930

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz 695121

and there are others out that I haven't read yet, one I have is supposed to have a sequel to it so I'm hoping it's in one of the newer books.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:16 pm

I will definitely tell them about them and see if they can find one at the library. There's a book fair on Tuesday too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 pm