CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Marc™
Supernova
Marcholm85
Alan Smithee
DanaShelbyChancey
Tony Marino
2xy
RobbieFTW
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
15 posters

What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to? Empty What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to?

Post by Chris Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:36 am

Are there any foods that you tend to add additional sugar or salt to after they're fully cooked?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to? Empty Re: What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to?

Post by Cheaps Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 am

no i never really sugar to anything

salt yea i use on just bout everythin after its fully cooked too, i do add more pepper too
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to? Empty Re: What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to?

Post by CeCe Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 am

I add salt to almost everything.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:37 am

I ALWAYS add salt to chicken and pasta and sometimes to burgers depending on how seasoned they are. Cant think of anything I add extra sugar to tho.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:05 am

I'm not a big fan of salt. I'll add it to veggies or potatoes, but only if they are plain and/or underseasoned. I am amazed by how many people dump salt on everything before they even taste it; I see it all the time at work, and restaurant food is LOADED with salt. I never salt meat.

The only thing I use sugar in is hot tea, and that's only occasionally. I like tea with nothing in it, but sometimes I feel like sweet, milky tea.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I am really not a big salt fan so I rarely salt anything, especially if something already is cooked with salt. The only thing I add sugar to is my coffee and cereal.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't really add sugar, just artificial stuff to coffee.

But salt on onions with hamburgers, that is great.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

I can't think of anything I add sugar too. I'll salt my food if I think it needs it after I tatste it unless I'm going to spice it up pepper sauce.
    Marcholm85
    Marcholm85
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by Marcholm85 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Lol, sugar? Cant think of anything, but Salt? Most def everything, lol. I salt, lemon and pepper, parsley, paprika, italian season, etc on most of my fully cooked meats.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Salt gets added to just about everything at every meal, grits for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner, pasta, French fries, rice, potatoes, chicken, turkey, pork chops, ham, roast beef, stuffing, potato soup, you name it, and of course popcorn.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Supernova wrote:Salt gets added to just about everything at every meal, grits for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner, pasta, French fries, rice, potatoes, chicken, turkey, pork chops, ham, roast beef, stuffing, potato soup, you name it, and of course popcorn.

I hear you. Just got some butter salt yesterday for the popcorn.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Supernova wrote:Salt gets added to just about everything at every meal, grits for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner, pasta, French fries, rice, potatoes, chicken, turkey, pork chops, ham, roast beef, stuffing, potato soup, you name it, and of course popcorn.

Basically....except grits. I've never heard of adding salt to grits. Some people add sugar to them (I don't because that's country)....but I can't picture adding salt to them. Everything else though, yeah....gotta add salt to your meat.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Marc™ wrote:

Basically....except grits. I've never heard of adding salt to grits. Some people add sugar to them (I don't because that's country)....but I can't picture adding salt to them. Everything else though, yeah....gotta add salt to your meat.

The only thing I add to my grits is butter!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:49 pm

I got a SPECIAL kind of butter you can add to your grits....

laughing

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Marc™️ wrote:I got a SPECIAL kind of butter you can add to your grits....

laughing

What foods do you like to add sugar or salt to? 390931
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm

I add salt to baked potatos,corn on the cob, popcorn, things that my mom cooks, things that my MIL cooks, and watermelon.

I add sugar to tea occasionally, and to blackberries and strawberries that are too tart.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:55 pm

This might sound weird, but lately I have been adding sugar to my scrambled eggs.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:58 pm

I rarely add sugar to anything because I don't like overly sweet things, but I almost always have to add salt/pepper. I cannot stand unseasoned food. At least unseasoned to my taste. People who don't season their meats, I just look at them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 pm

I like my drinks to be somewhat sweat but I rarely find myself adding salt or sugar to anything. If I do, it must be really bland. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:22 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:This might sound weird, but lately I have been adding sugar to my scrambled eggs.

Watcha mean might sound weird? LOL. Well not since you're pregnant I guess. And I forgot about popcorn! Yeah, I don't need to taste that first to add salt (if I pop it from scratch).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:15 am