CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
TPP
CatEyes10736
Supernova
7 posters

Why don't adults have sleepovers?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Why don't adults have sleepovers? Empty Why don't adults have sleepovers?

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Trust me, there's a reason I'm asking this question, but it's a very long story and I'll get around to telling it someday, but for right now, that's a question that's burning in my mind; kids have sleepovers all the time and that's normal, but some people act like it's the circus freakshow if adults platonically have friends over to stay the night, especially if they sleep in the same bed or bedroom, why is that?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Why don't adults have sleepovers? Empty Re: Why don't adults have sleepovers?

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 pm

I think adults have sleepovers all the time, they're just not called "sleepovers", but rather "crashing".
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm having a sleepover with my best friend at a hotel this weekend for a getaway. I don't think it's weird at all.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Sleepovers are for kids, because it's playtime. Adults are beyond that kind of play for the most part, and got jobs to go to in the morning.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I think adults have sleepovers all the time, they're just not called "sleepovers", but rather "crashing".

For the most part. I've had friends sleep in my bed. *Kanye shrug*
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree with Cat. Adults just don't call them "sleepovers". I am good friends with two women, on an hour North, the other an hour South. So, when we want to get together, I am in the middle and they usually sleep over because then they can have a few drinks if they stay. And the three of us have a great time. (and probably act as silly as girls do at their sleepovers!)
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I think adults have sleepovers all the time, they're just not called "sleepovers", but rather "crashing".

Basically.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:44 pm