Do you believe what sales people tell you? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you believe what sales people tell you?

Go down 
+9
Tony Marino
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Marc™
CatEyes10736
Cheaps
AtownPeep
TPP
Jason B.
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Do you believe what sales people tell you? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:02 pm

When you're shopping, do you trust the word of the sales people when they're explaining the benefits of an expensive product that they're trying to get you to buy?
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:20 pm

nope...
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 am

Jason B. wrote:
When you're shopping, do you trust the word of the sales people when they're explaining the benefits of an expensive product that they're trying to get you to buy?

I'll listen to what they have to say if they sound like they have product knowledge, but they don't make my mind up for me. I'm aware that they're just trying to make a sale for that commission.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 am

AtownPeep wrote:
Jason B. wrote:

I'll listen to what they have to say if they sound like they have product knowledge, but they don't make my mind up for me. I'm aware that they're just trying to make a sale for that commission.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:34 am

It's not that I disbelieve them...per se, but like AtownPeep says, they're just trying to earn commission. I have yet to encounter a sales person who endorsed the cheaper brand or model over the more expensive unit, even if the more expensive product wasn't as good or user friendly. That's why I prefer to not go into the store totally ignorant about what I'm considering to buy.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:33 am

So long as they're not pressuring me to buy, I'll hear them out.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 am

haha, maybe I should clarify, I do LISTEN to them, I'm not rude, but I don't trust them to be looking out for my best interest when they try to sell me one brand over another. I do my own research as well.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:20 am

I may believe them up until where they start talking about what a good deal it is.

Last edited by RobbieFTW on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 am

I'll listen but know they're trying to make a sale. I try to research ahead of time or get what they tell me in writing.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:22 am

Depends on what it is. Usually I know more about the product then they do.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
It's not that I disbelieve them...per se, but like AtownPeep says, they're just trying to earn commission. I have yet to encounter a sales person who endorsed the cheaper brand or model over the more expensive unit, even if the more expensive product wasn't as good or user friendly. That's why I prefer to not go into the store totally ignorant about what I'm considering to buy.

Interesting. I have. Answering the question, I'll definitely listen if they sound like they know what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:08 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Depends on what it is. Usually I know more about the product then they do.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:10 am

AtownPeep wrote:
Jason B. wrote:

Same for me, though there are some places I know not to trust, as the salespeople will outright lie to you. when I was purchasing my DVD player a few years ago, I was at Future Shop and the guy gave me his spiel about the model I was looking at, guaranteeing it was the latest model. I went to Sears and saw the same unit, only it was a little bit more. I asked about it and the guy told me it was the latest model. I had the Future Shop brochure with me and he looked at it and said the model the Future Shop guy was trying to sell was last year's model, not the newest. Future Shop works on commission and they really pressure you to buy their products, which has really turned me off. It's the last place I'd go. Other places I trust more, though.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm

I normally go in, already having researched the product (if it is pricey0 and so they probably see I know enough that they can't totally snow me.

This isn't a major purchase, but Sunday, my son and I were at the mall to find shoes. He tried on a 6.5 at one store and we went to a second store to see what they had in the brand and the sales guy told us that that company doesn't make a 6.5. I said, "He just tried on a 6.5 at Journeys." Then he said, "Uh, well, we don't carry them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe what sales people tell you?   Do you believe what sales people tell you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe what sales people tell you?
Page 1 of 1