CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
DanaShelbyChancey
tmontyb
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
TPP
RedBedroom
Shale
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
CeCe
Chris
15 posters

What did people tease you about growing up?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What did people tease you about growing up? Empty What did people tease you about growing up?

Post by Chris Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 am

Not necessarily anything negative or insulting, but did you do anything odd or quirky growing up that caused any of your friends/loved ones to poke fun at you for it?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What did people tease you about growing up? Empty Re: What did people tease you about growing up?

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 am

My height. I'm short. Not yellow brick road short but always small. Shorty, half-pint, little bit, munchkin & my personal favorite, midget lady. Yeah..heard 'em all. But it was never mean spirited.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

What did people tease you about growing up? Empty Re: What did people tease you about growing up?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 am

Being gay.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 am

I don't recall being teased about anything. I was pretty invisible as a kid. Also, in high school, with my B'day being late in the year when I moved from one school district to another I was older than most of my classmates, which in teen years made me bigger than most so I got to avoid any bullying because I was either invisible or at a glance formidable.

However, I am ashamed to admit that I did tease a couple of classmates. One was Robert, who was more nerdy than most of us (he carried a slide rule in his pocket and of course had a plastic pocket protector just like the engineers of the day wore).
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

I was teased about my mom. She was older and disabled. Kids can be so shitty to other kids.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I was teased about my mom. She was older and disabled. Kids can be so shitty to other kids.

Sorry Red big hugz so true. Then they grow up to be shitty adults.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 pm

I was teased HORRIBLY because I went through puberty before everyone else. In the fourth grade I got acne and was the only one with it. The years from 10-13 were just terrible...

In the 7th grade, I had a boyfriend, and he and all the boys in one of his classes got together and wrote me the MEANEST note, all about how they couldn't stand to eat pepperoni pizza any more because of my face
    sad They said other stuff too.

I was crying so hard that my choir teacher demanded to know what happened and one of my classmates told him and those boys all ended up forced to apologize to me by the vice principal.

That was just one of the things that happened...It was an every day thing, every where I went "hey pizza face..."

Ugh, it makes me sad just thinking about it...

Then when my skin cleared up BEFORE everyone else's, suddenly guys who were complete asses were asking me out. Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Ah man...two of the nicest people here getting dumped on like that. cries
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 pm

alan smithee wrote:Ah man...two of the nicest people here getting dumped on like that. cries

Thanks Alan, kids are just mean sometimes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I was teased HORRIBLY because I went through puberty before everyone else. In the fourth grade I got acne and was the only one with it. The years from 10-13 were just terrible...

In the 7th grade, I had a boyfriend, and he and all the boys in one of his classes got together and wrote me the MEANEST note, all about how they couldn't stand to eat pepperoni pizza any more because of my face

I was crying so hard that my choir teacher demanded to know what happened and one of my classmates told him and those boys all ended up forced to apologize to me by the vice principal.

That was just one of the things that happened...It was an every day thing, every where I went "hey pizza face..."

Then when my skin cleared up BEFORE everyone else's, suddenly guys who were complete asses were asking me out. Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.

That is just terrible. But screw them, as you are friggin' gorgeous today.

To CeCe and Alan... big hugz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
    Don't say, "I'm 5ft tall. Say "I'm 60"" or better yet, I'm over 152cm". My wife could look you right in your teeth. She's 4'-9 3/4". She tries to round it up to 4'-10" but I keep her honest. She'd probably ask you, "How's the weather up there?" Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Other than wearing glasses....and I didn't wear them that much when I was younger, I can't think of anything.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 am

That sucks Red and TPP. sad I would have been friends with you back then!!! I got teased a bit because my Dad was a vice principal and I was a goody-two-shoes who worked hard and did well in school.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:04 am

Gracias, TSJ....Dad being in authority must have been hard row at times.

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am

RedBedroom wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:I was teased HORRIBLY because I went through puberty before everyone else. In the fourth grade I got acne and was the only one with it. The years from 10-13 were just terrible...

That is just terrible. But screw them, as you are friggin' gorgeous today.

To CeCe and Alan... big hugz

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say Smile
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am

alan smithee wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
    Don't say, "I'm 5ft tall. Say "I'm 60"" or better yet, I'm over 152cm". My wife could look you right in your teeth. She's 4'-9 3/4". She tries to round it up to 4'-10" but I keep her honest. She'd probably ask you, "How's the weather up there?" Wink

lol, and my mom would say the same to her, she's four ft 6!
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:45 am

As kids my older sister and I were called mixed up, oreo and some other bizarre stuff for having a black parent and a white parent. This was the late sixties, early seventies. I guess kids back then simply didn't know what to make of it. As we got older that type of stuff dissipated.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

tmontyb wrote:As kids my older sister and I were called mixed up, oreo and some other bizarre stuff for having a black parent and a white parent. This was the late sixties, early seventies. I guess kids back then simply didn't know what to make of it. As we got older that type of stuff dissipated.

So was I. 'High Yellow Banana' was the term I remember someone throwing at me once.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

My hair. Then and now, it is very thick, yet soft. And curly/wavy, more so then than now, it has calmed down some.

Back in school there wasn't much I could do to calm it. To make things worse, it was the late 1960's and the long, straight silky look was all the rage. My mom made me get these short layererd pixie cuts that just made the curls worse.

The kids were merciless. Nowadays there are styles for all types of hair, but in those days if you had hair that wouldn't do what the style was, you were cooked.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:
    tmontyb wrote:As kids my older sister and I were called mixed up, oreo and some other bizarre stuff for having a black parent and a white parent. This was the late sixties, early seventies. I guess kids back then simply didn't know what to make of it. As we got older that type of stuff dissipated.

So was I. 'High Yellow Banana' was the term I remember someone throwing at me once.

I used to get the high yellow part, but never banana. That's just ridiculous.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 pm

I used to get teased because my hair used to be frizzy and I would get teased for other stuff.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 pm

That mainly came from my own family, and it was usually about who or what I liked, I liked Michael Jackson so I get all the jokes and all the crap about that...I went through a phase where I was heavily a tomboy, denounced all things remotely girly, and I get the 'yeah girls who dress like boys grow up to be lesbians and have kids and the kids have two mommies'. If there was anything I think I learned during those years it was just keep your mouth shut about everything that's important to you or matters to you at all because it's all just ammo for people's jokes.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 am

Big chest.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 am

For the most part nothing. I had a friend once who used to call me "Juan Valdez"....because his out of wack vision made him think I looked Hispanic, but that was nothing serious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:24 am