What did people tease you about growing up? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did people tease you about growing up?

Go down 
+11
DanaShelbyChancey
tmontyb
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
TPP
RedBedroom
Shale
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
CeCe
Chris
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What did people tease you about growing up? Empty
PostSubject: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 am

Not necessarily anything negative or insulting, but did you do anything odd or quirky growing up that caused any of your friends/loved ones to poke fun at you for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 am

My height. I'm short. Not yellow brick road short but always small. Shorty, half-pint, little bit, munchkin & my personal favorite, midget lady. Yeah..heard 'em all. But it was never mean spirited.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 am

Being gay.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 am

I don't recall being teased about anything. I was pretty invisible as a kid. Also, in high school, with my B'day being late in the year when I moved from one school district to another I was older than most of my classmates, which in teen years made me bigger than most so I got to avoid any bullying because I was either invisible or at a glance formidable.

However, I am ashamed to admit that I did tease a couple of classmates. One was Robert, who was more nerdy than most of us (he carried a slide rule in his pocket and of course had a plastic pocket protector just like the engineers of the day wore).
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

I was teased about my mom. She was older and disabled. Kids can be so shitty to other kids.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I was teased about my mom. She was older and disabled. Kids can be so shitty to other kids.

Sorry Red big hugz so true. Then they grow up to be shitty adults.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 pm

I was teased HORRIBLY because I went through puberty before everyone else. In the fourth grade I got acne and was the only one with it. The years from 10-13 were just terrible...

In the 7th grade, I had a boyfriend, and he and all the boys in one of his classes got together and wrote me the MEANEST note, all about how they couldn't stand to eat pepperoni pizza any more because of my face
sad They said other stuff too.

I was crying so hard that my choir teacher demanded to know what happened and one of my classmates told him and those boys all ended up forced to apologize to me by the vice principal.

That was just one of the things that happened...It was an every day thing, every where I went "hey pizza face..."

Ugh, it makes me sad just thinking about it...

Then when my skin cleared up BEFORE everyone else's, suddenly guys who were complete asses were asking me out. Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Ah man...two of the nicest people here getting dumped on like that. cries
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Ah man...two of the nicest people here getting dumped on like that. cries

Thanks Alan, kids are just mean sometimes.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
I was teased HORRIBLY because I went through puberty before everyone else. In the fourth grade I got acne and was the only one with it. The years from 10-13 were just terrible...

In the 7th grade, I had a boyfriend, and he and all the boys in one of his classes got together and wrote me the MEANEST note, all about how they couldn't stand to eat pepperoni pizza any more because of my face

I was crying so hard that my choir teacher demanded to know what happened and one of my classmates told him and those boys all ended up forced to apologize to me by the vice principal.

That was just one of the things that happened...It was an every day thing, every where I went "hey pizza face..."

Then when my skin cleared up BEFORE everyone else's, suddenly guys who were complete asses were asking me out. Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.

That is just terrible. But screw them, as you are friggin' gorgeous today.

To CeCe and Alan... big hugz
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
Don't say, "I'm 5ft tall. Say "I'm 60"" or better yet, I'm over 152cm". My wife could look you right in your teeth. She's 4'-9 3/4". She tries to round it up to 4'-10" but I keep her honest. She'd probably ask you, "How's the weather up there?" Wink
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Other than wearing glasses....and I didn't wear them that much when I was younger, I can't think of anything.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 am

That sucks Red and TPP. sad I would have been friends with you back then!!! I got teased a bit because my Dad was a vice principal and I was a goody-two-shoes who worked hard and did well in school.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:04 am

Gracias, TSJ....Dad being in authority must have been hard row at times.

Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am

RedBedroom wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:

That is just terrible. But screw them, as you are friggin' gorgeous today.

To CeCe and Alan... big hugz

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say Smile
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am

alan smithee wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:
Then people would call me shorty but not in a mean way, just because I'm only 5 ft tall.
Don't say, "I'm 5ft tall. Say "I'm 60"" or better yet, I'm over 152cm". My wife could look you right in your teeth. She's 4'-9 3/4". She tries to round it up to 4'-10" but I keep her honest. She'd probably ask you, "How's the weather up there?" Wink

lol, and my mom would say the same to her, she's four ft 6!
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:45 am

As kids my older sister and I were called mixed up, oreo and some other bizarre stuff for having a black parent and a white parent. This was the late sixties, early seventies. I guess kids back then simply didn't know what to make of it. As we got older that type of stuff dissipated.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

tmontyb wrote:
As kids my older sister and I were called mixed up, oreo and some other bizarre stuff for having a black parent and a white parent. This was the late sixties, early seventies. I guess kids back then simply didn't know what to make of it. As we got older that type of stuff dissipated.

So was I. 'High Yellow Banana' was the term I remember someone throwing at me once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

My hair. Then and now, it is very thick, yet soft. And curly/wavy, more so then than now, it has calmed down some.

Back in school there wasn't much I could do to calm it. To make things worse, it was the late 1960's and the long, straight silky look was all the rage. My mom made me get these short layererd pixie cuts that just made the curls worse.

The kids were merciless. Nowadays there are styles for all types of hair, but in those days if you had hair that wouldn't do what the style was, you were cooked.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:
tmontyb wrote:

So was I. 'High Yellow Banana' was the term I remember someone throwing at me once.

I used to get the high yellow part, but never banana. That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 pm

I used to get teased because my hair used to be frizzy and I would get teased for other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 pm

That mainly came from my own family, and it was usually about who or what I liked, I liked Michael Jackson so I get all the jokes and all the crap about that...I went through a phase where I was heavily a tomboy, denounced all things remotely girly, and I get the 'yeah girls who dress like boys grow up to be lesbians and have kids and the kids have two mommies'. If there was anything I think I learned during those years it was just keep your mouth shut about everything that's important to you or matters to you at all because it's all just ammo for people's jokes.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 am

Big chest.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 am

For the most part nothing. I had a friend once who used to call me "Juan Valdez"....because his out of wack vision made him think I looked Hispanic, but that was nothing serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did people tease you about growing up?   What did people tease you about growing up? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did people tease you about growing up?
Page 1 of 1