CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RedBedroom
Chris
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
stavdash
Jason B.
10 posters

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) Empty Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)

Post by Jason B. Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 am

I cannot stand when people call me and then proceed to have conversations with other people in the background. Then when you don't say anything they ask "why aren't you talking?" Why??? Because you're chatting with 10 friggin different people while I'm sitting here looking like a dumbass holding this phone that I'm not even talking into. I'm gonna compete for your attention. Call me when your attention can be exclusive!

Sorry.

Had to vent! Smile
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) Empty Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)

Post by stavdash Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 am

We all have that friend who is prone to doing this. His or her mother/brother/sister/cousin suddenly are in the room with them, and they have silly little discussions with them, while you are sitting on the other end bored. The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

I have a friend that will start to watch TV while I am talking to him. When this happens, I just say I have to go, he protests but I leave anyway. Next time he calls me I return the favor.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

My moms does that. She will call me and is always yelling at my sister in the background. This is why I text people a lot.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 pm

stavdash wrote:We all have that friend who is prone to doing this. His or her mother/brother/sister/cousin suddenly are in the room with them, and they have silly little discussions with them, while you are sitting on the other end bored. The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.

That situation is worse when your friend is a dude. Guys tend to show off and posture around their friends.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 pm

I agree...that is one of the worst things. Especially if they call the cell...grrr.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Hmmm. That's never really happened to me. At least not to the extent of it becoming annoying. If someone were carrying on other conversations in the background, while neglecting the one they were having with me, I'd just tell them to call back.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 am

bump
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 am

Shrugs (Oh well…) Just tell them they sound like they're busy and you'll call them back. In about 3 weeks.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 am

Jason B. wrote:I cannot stand when people call me and then proceed to have conversations with other people in the background. Then when you don't say anything they ask "why aren't you talking?" Why??? Because you're chatting with 10 friggin different people while I'm sitting here looking like a dumbass holding this phone that I'm not even talking into. I'm gonna compete for your attention. Call me when your attention can be exclusive! ...

stavdash wrote:...The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.

co-signs
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:52 am

People who call and demand "Who am I talking to". I always answer with "who do you want to talk to?". Then there are the sales calls that are automated and put you on hold, that infuriates me and I hang up.Do not call me and ask me to wait! Lastly people who let pre-talking kids answer the phone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:50 am