CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RobbieFTW
Marc™
TPP
Cheaps
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
11 posters

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Empty Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:49 pm

I literally haven't a clue what the standard is and hope someone can enlighten me.

Personally, I think that FW text messages are tacky and wrong. Like, "send this to ten people you love or your face will explode...." Ok, not that stupid of wording, but always pretty close!

What is really bugging me is when someone initiates a conversation via text about a certain event and then just stops replying. One person in particular is terrible about this. She doesn't have a land line, isn't at work and her son is at school...so I know her phone is on.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Empty Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I dunno, but when people text me with too much 'text talk', I quickly let them know about it. My brother texted me the other day wanting to borrow some money. He's in college and he's very smart so I was quite annoyed with the text "Yea so wat up, can i borrow da money by da 1st or wat?" I texted him back and told him to stop typing like a ghetto hoodrat, I can't stand that shit. He texted me back with a completely grammatically correct text and then said "there, are you happy now?" Smart ass.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Empty Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I dunno, but when people text me with too much 'text talk', I quickly let them know about it. My brother texted me the other day wanting to borrow some money. He's in college and he's very smart so I was quite annoyed with the text "Yea so wat up, can i borrow da money by da 1st or wat?" I texted him back and told him to stop typing like a ghetto hoodrat, I can't stand that shit. He texted me back with a completely grammatically correct text and then said "there, are you happy now?" Smart ass.

ROFLMAO!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I dunno, but when people text me with too much 'text talk', I quickly let them know about it. My brother texted me the other day wanting to borrow some money. He's in college and he's very smart so I was quite annoyed with the text "Yea so wat up, can i borrow da money by da 1st or wat?" I texted him back and told him to stop typing like a ghetto hoodrat, I can't stand that shit. He texted me back with a completely grammatically correct text and then said "there, are you happy now?" Smart ass.

LOL, that is funny. I don't mind text talk on a text, but man, does it annoy me when I see someone replying to message board threads with it. If they don't have the time to type properly, they should just stay clear of message boards.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 pm

RedBedroom wrote: I don't mind text talk on a text, but man, does it annoy me when I see someone replying to message board threads with it. If they don't have the time to type properly, they should just stay clear of message boards.

i do that sometimes sad

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 am

Well there is a diff between using shortcuts here and there, and blatant text talk!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 am

I didn't even know there was such a thing as text talk, lol. Although maybe LOL and OMG are?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

i cant stnd ppl dat txt lyk dis 4real. it look ig'nat as fuk! Lyk dey aint neva seen da nside of'va fukn skool b4.

My 13 year old sister sends me messages on Facebook that read like that, and it drives me insane. Act like you have some sense, even if it's just an act.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 am

^^i text like that only to get my point across, watever it might be, an i only do that cuz i have a limited amount of textin space.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 am

RedBedroom wrote:I literally haven't a clue what the standard is and hope someone can enlighten me.

Personally, I think that FW text messages are tacky and wrong. Like, "send this to ten people you love or your face will explode...." Ok, not that stupid of wording, but always pretty close!

What is really bugging me is when someone initiates a conversation via text about a certain event and then just stops replying. One person in particular is terrible about this. She doesn't have a land line, isn't at work and her son is at school...so I know her phone is on.

I hate those stupid chain texts from people too. Just like with email, i never got why people think its fun to fwd them. Let the chain die!
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 pm

One of the things I hate about texting is how it allows people to be lazy with their response. After sending multiple texts back and forth, the other person either stops when it's their turn to reply, or take their sweet time. That's why if the conversation is at all important, the hell w/ a text. Call and verbalize to me that plans changed.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:40 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:I literally haven't a clue what the standard is and hope someone can enlighten me.

I hate those stupid chain texts from people too. Just like with email, i never got why people think its fun to fwd them. Let the chain die!

And the ones who try to guilt you into it. "Send this to 10 people including me. If I don't get it back, I understand because ("insert the guilt bomb of your choice") eye roll
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:09 am

CeCe wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:

And the ones who try to guilt you into it. "Send this to 10 people including me. If I don't get it back, I understand because ("insert the guilt bomb of your choice") eye roll

LOL, and I never send those shits back. They have to be pret.ty clever for me to even bother.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:29 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

LOL, and I never send those shits back. They have to be pret.ty clever for me to even bother.

co-signs
    The chain always ends with me.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Marc™ wrote:i cant stnd ppl dat txt lyk dis 4real. it look ig'nat as fuk! Lyk dey aint neva seen da nside of'va fukn skool b4.

My 13 year old sister sends me messages on Facebook that read like that, and it drives me insane. Act like you have some sense, even if it's just an act.
    I don't text, but I do have facebook and MySpace where my oldest grandson has that gangsta/ghetto shit on his wall. Pisses me off but he continues. Hope he learns that it is not cute on a 20-something and it is a lie. He and his bro have the same daddy, who is still with his mama after a quarter century and he was raised in a stable suburban home, far removed from any ghetto.

Sorry, "Dat Boi Lank" but yo as 'white' as yo grampa!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:22 am