Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)

Go down 
+6
RedBedroom
Chris
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
stavdash
Jason B.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) Empty
PostSubject: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 am

I cannot stand when people call me and then proceed to have conversations with other people in the background. Then when you don't say anything they ask "why aren't you talking?" Why??? Because you're chatting with 10 friggin different people while I'm sitting here looking like a dumbass holding this phone that I'm not even talking into. I'm gonna compete for your attention. Call me when your attention can be exclusive!

Sorry.

Had to vent! Smile
Back to top Go down
stavdash
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
stavdash

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 am

We all have that friend who is prone to doing this. His or her mother/brother/sister/cousin suddenly are in the room with them, and they have silly little discussions with them, while you are sitting on the other end bored. The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

I have a friend that will start to watch TV while I am talking to him. When this happens, I just say I have to go, he protests but I leave anyway. Next time he calls me I return the favor.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

My moms does that. She will call me and is always yelling at my sister in the background. This is why I text people a lot.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 pm

stavdash wrote:
We all have that friend who is prone to doing this. His or her mother/brother/sister/cousin suddenly are in the room with them, and they have silly little discussions with them, while you are sitting on the other end bored. The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.

That situation is worse when your friend is a dude. Guys tend to show off and posture around their friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 pm

I agree...that is one of the worst things. Especially if they call the cell...grrr.
Back to top Go down
Dan70
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Dan70

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Hmmm. That's never really happened to me. At least not to the extent of it becoming annoying. If someone were carrying on other conversations in the background, while neglecting the one they were having with me, I'd just tell them to call back.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 am

Shrugs (Oh well…) Just tell them they sound like they're busy and you'll call them back. In about 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 am

Jason B. wrote:
I cannot stand when people call me and then proceed to have conversations with other people in the background. Then when you don't say anything they ask "why aren't you talking?" Why??? Because you're chatting with 10 friggin different people while I'm sitting here looking like a dumbass holding this phone that I'm not even talking into. I'm gonna compete for your attention. Call me when your attention can be exclusive! ...

stavdash wrote:
...The worse, though, is when they have company over, and they still have the audacity to try and be on the phone, while haha-ing with them. Then when you tell them to call you back, they act like you have the bad attitude.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:52 am

People who call and demand "Who am I talking to". I always answer with "who do you want to talk to?". Then there are the sales calls that are automated and put you on hold, that infuriates me and I hang up.Do not call me and ask me to wait! Lastly people who let pre-talking kids answer the phone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)   Major pet peeve (phone etiquette) Empty

Back to top Go down

Major pet peeve (phone etiquette)
Page 1 of 1