Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?

Go down 
+7
RobbieFTW
Marc™
TPP
Cheaps
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Empty
PostSubject: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:49 pm

I literally haven't a clue what the standard is and hope someone can enlighten me.

Personally, I think that FW text messages are tacky and wrong. Like, "send this to ten people you love or your face will explode...." Ok, not that stupid of wording, but always pretty close!

What is really bugging me is when someone initiates a conversation via text about a certain event and then just stops replying. One person in particular is terrible about this. She doesn't have a land line, isn't at work and her son is at school...so I know her phone is on.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I dunno, but when people text me with too much 'text talk', I quickly let them know about it. My brother texted me the other day wanting to borrow some money. He's in college and he's very smart so I was quite annoyed with the text "Yea so wat up, can i borrow da money by da 1st or wat?" I texted him back and told him to stop typing like a ghetto hoodrat, I can't stand that shit. He texted me back with a completely grammatically correct text and then said "there, are you happy now?" Smart ass.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
I dunno, but when people text me with too much 'text talk', I quickly let them know about it. My brother texted me the other day wanting to borrow some money. He's in college and he's very smart so I was quite annoyed with the text "Yea so wat up, can i borrow da money by da 1st or wat?" I texted him back and told him to stop typing like a ghetto hoodrat, I can't stand that shit. He texted me back with a completely grammatically correct text and then said "there, are you happy now?" Smart ass.

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, that is funny. I don't mind text talk on a text, but man, does it annoy me when I see someone replying to message board threads with it. If they don't have the time to type properly, they should just stay clear of message boards.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I don't mind text talk on a text, but man, does it annoy me when I see someone replying to message board threads with it. If they don't have the time to type properly, they should just stay clear of message boards.

i do that sometimes sad

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 am

Well there is a diff between using shortcuts here and there, and blatant text talk!
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 am

I didn't even know there was such a thing as text talk, lol. Although maybe LOL and OMG are?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

i cant stnd ppl dat txt lyk dis 4real. it look ig'nat as fuk! Lyk dey aint neva seen da nside of'va fukn skool b4.

My 13 year old sister sends me messages on Facebook that read like that, and it drives me insane. Act like you have some sense, even if it's just an act.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 am

^^i text like that only to get my point across, watever it might be, an i only do that cuz i have a limited amount of textin space.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I literally haven't a clue what the standard is and hope someone can enlighten me.

Personally, I think that FW text messages are tacky and wrong. Like, "send this to ten people you love or your face will explode...." Ok, not that stupid of wording, but always pretty close!

What is really bugging me is when someone initiates a conversation via text about a certain event and then just stops replying. One person in particular is terrible about this. She doesn't have a land line, isn't at work and her son is at school...so I know her phone is on.

I hate those stupid chain texts from people too. Just like with email, i never got why people think its fun to fwd them. Let the chain die!
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 pm

One of the things I hate about texting is how it allows people to be lazy with their response. After sending multiple texts back and forth, the other person either stops when it's their turn to reply, or take their sweet time. That's why if the conversation is at all important, the hell w/ a text. Call and verbalize to me that plans changed.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:40 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:

I hate those stupid chain texts from people too. Just like with email, i never got why people think its fun to fwd them. Let the chain die!

And the ones who try to guilt you into it. "Send this to 10 people including me. If I don't get it back, I understand because ("insert the guilt bomb of your choice") eye roll
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:09 am

CeCe wrote:
RobbieFTW wrote:

And the ones who try to guilt you into it. "Send this to 10 people including me. If I don't get it back, I understand because ("insert the guilt bomb of your choice") eye roll

LOL, and I never send those shits back. They have to be pret.ty clever for me to even bother.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:29 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
CeCe wrote:

LOL, and I never send those shits back. They have to be pret.ty clever for me to even bother.

co-signs
The chain always ends with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Marc™ wrote:
i cant stnd ppl dat txt lyk dis 4real. it look ig'nat as fuk! Lyk dey aint neva seen da nside of'va fukn skool b4.

My 13 year old sister sends me messages on Facebook that read like that, and it drives me insane. Act like you have some sense, even if it's just an act.
I don't text, but I do have facebook and MySpace where my oldest grandson has that gangsta/ghetto shit on his wall. Pisses me off but he continues. Hope he learns that it is not cute on a 20-something and it is a lie. He and his bro have the same daddy, who is still with his mama after a quarter century and he was raised in a stable suburban home, far removed from any ghetto.

Sorry, "Dat Boi Lank" but yo as 'white' as yo grampa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?   Text etiquette? Is there such a thing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Text etiquette? Is there such a thing?
Page 1 of 1