CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
Supernova
9 posters

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Well, they did only bring Chilli in as a quick replacement. I know Left Eye and T-Boz kicked some girl out of her own group. Perhaps she laid down some vocals that they might've been contractually obligated to use and she get a cut or something because the other girl was forced out of a group that she started. Chilli was screwing the dude from Damian Dame when they found her.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat May 14, 2011 5:07 am

^^ i dont think thats it, i just watched the behind the music, and that girl crystal didnt make it to the studio, la reid wouldnt sign them to laface til she got replaced, once chilli signed the contract, then they were able to go into the studio an start recording. so i dont think crystals vocals are on any of the songs..
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat May 14, 2011 5:16 am

I just went and listened to "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg" again, and the closer I paid attention, the more I see what Femme Fatal is talking about. Listen to Chilli's part at :45, then listen to her other part at 2:58; the voices *do* sound slightly different, but who knows? I know that Debra Killings has been unofficially credited as being 'the fourth member of TLC.'
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sat May 14, 2011 5:24 am

she's just not singing in a different note, lower octave or something??

i dunno Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah, who knows what kind of coaching she may have had to sing in a different way on top of any studio magic that they may have used to tweak it. We'd have to ask Chilli herself if it was really her, and who knows if she'd even cop to it if it weren't. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sat May 14, 2011 5:34 am

Chris wrote:Yeah, who knows what kind of coaching she may have had to sing in a different way on top of any studio magic that they may have used to tweak it. We'd have to ask Chilli herself if it was really her, and who knows if she'd even cop to it if it weren't. Shrugs (Oh well…)

you know wats funny chris, is that way back when, when i first hear Love will never do, i always thought it was too different people singing, i didnt realize it was all janet til the video came out. Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun May 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Chris wrote:Yeah, who knows what kind of coaching she may have had to sing in a different way on top of any studio magic that they may have used to tweak it. We'd have to ask Chilli herself if it was really her, and who knows if she'd even cop to it if it weren't. Shrugs (Oh well…)

It could just be a different note on her, a while back I found some video where the girls were explaining when they were first brought together, they listened to T-Boz sing high and low and told her to stick with low. When she sings or talks higher she sounds a lot like Lisa did on her early vocals.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:39 am

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Okay, question for everyone, I don't think we've really gotten into this one before: Which was TLC's best album in your opinion? Which had the best music, best songs, etc?

I say (of course)

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. - Page 3 51O67EXNnlL._SL500_AA300_
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 am

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. - Page 3 Tlc-crazy-sexy-cool

To me it was flawless, loved every single song, including all the interludes.

Ooooohhh...On the TLC tip comes in second.

I didn't like Fanmail and never heard 3D.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 am

CSC was their best album. On the TLC Tip actually had some corny songs on it. Fanmail was largely a miss and 3D had some tracks that I liked, but I actually liked that one better than Fanmail.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:32 pm

My favorites are basically in the order that they were released.

1. Ooooh
    2. CSC
    3. Fanmail
    4. 3D
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:25 pm

I liked their debut cd the best. It was fun and colorful. CSC is a really good album but I'm never in the mood for all the songs on it and skip around alot. With Tip I can literally listen to EVERY song w/o skipping any.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm

femme fatale wrote:I liked their debut cd the best. It was fun and colorful. CSC is a really good album but I'm never in the mood for all the songs on it and skip around alot. With Tip I can literally listen to EVERY song w/o skipping any.

I'm pretty much the same, there are a couple I usually skip over, Somethin' you Wanna Know and This is How it Should be Done but otherwise I'll listen to that sucker from beginning to end, CSC, not so much.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:57 am

IMO the best was CrazySexyCool, the Ooooh on the TLC tip, then FanMail, then 3D.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 am

On Wednesday, and I cannot believe this, it is going to be 10 years since Lisa Lopes died. I look at this fact in simple awe, where the hell did the last decade go for any of us? It feels like it was hardly yesterday they broke the news all over VH1 and MTV about the crash.

Something that's been on my mind a lot lately. If you've seen The Last Days of Left Eye you might recall that shortly before Lisa died, she had a feeling that an evil spirit was chasing her and that was how the little boy got hit by her car and died, that the spirit was trying to kill her and got the boy by mistake.

Now the first thing on my mind was what could make a person believe an evil spirit was chasing them, trying to kill them? I'm not saying it can't happen because I do believe that there are ghosts in this world, and maybe also spirits who never lived here in the first place and so haven't lived and died in the sense we know it but still exist. But I'm just trying to figure that out...sometime before Lisa's death she had a lot of predictions that kind of spelled out what was coming, and so did her mother, had a dream about seeing Lisa in a coffin. But the next thing that I thought about, assuming that this spirit was real, who could it have been and why would they want her dead?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 am

RIP Left Eye

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am