CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
MandyPerfumeGirl
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
stavdash
Kral
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
AtownPeep
Chris
14 posters

Your favorite social networking sites?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Your favorite social networking sites? Empty Your favorite social networking sites?

Post by Chris Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:16 am

Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc., etc.
    Which one do you use?
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Your favorite social networking sites? Empty Re: Your favorite social networking sites?

Post by AtownPeep Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:18 am

Facebook junkie. I have a MySpace, but never got around to setting it up. I think the whole thing is way too convoluted looking anyway. And I just can't get into the whole "Twitter" trend at all. I just don't really see the point of it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Your favorite social networking sites? Empty Re: Your favorite social networking sites?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 am

SNL called MySpace the internets abandoned social playground!!! lol
    Facebook & Twitter REALLY cut into their marketshare!

I agree about MySpace being a bit much when it comes to setting up everything. Facebook is easier to use.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:24 pm

A FB status update I read months ago said, "If MySpace was a neighborhood, I would lock my doors while driving through." I always had that opinion of MySpace, kinda trash and not as user friendly as FB.

That said, FB is really shooting itself in the foot with the way they do the news feed. It is so full of all those silly games and quizzes. I do love FB though, because, yes, I want to know what a classmate of ten years ago had for lunch today. I am THAT nosey and voyeuristic!

I don't get Twitter really. If I had more real life contacts that used it, maybe I would get into it, but my list is full of self indulgent celebs...not all that interesting to me.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

FB just redesigned its home page with the feeds & such and I don't like it at all. It's way more cluttered and condensed looking now.

I really don't get Twitter either or why it's so popular. The whole thing is cheesy and cheap.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah. MySpace has always been tacky. Too many features and designs. Of them all, Facebook is probably the most user-friendly, convenient and addictive. I check my FB every twenty minutes. I check my MySpace probably every month.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 pm

None
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 13, 2011 1:39 pm

The Conversation Chamber is my favorite social networking site even though we're all mostly anonymous. I don't belong to any of those others.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 pm

alan smithee wrote:The Conversation Chamber is my favorite social networking site even though we're all mostly anonymous. I don't belong to any of those others.

bear hug
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Last.FM big grin
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 pm

I don't use any of those sites. I was going to sign up for, I think it was Facebook, but then they wanted my first name and my last name and I'm like "Um, my last name on the internet? I don't think so!"

I think Twitter is especially useless because some of the Tweets are like "I'm in the waiting room in the doctor's office" and first of all, who cares? And second of all, why would anybody be arrogant enough to presume that people are interested in what they were doing?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm

alan smithee wrote:The Conversation Chamber is my favorite social networking site even though we're all mostly anonymous. I don't belong to any of those others.

co-signs

chris, its even taken over janet-xone, i hardly post there anymore big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 13, 2011 6:04 pm

It is Facebook by default because MySpace has killed itself (It's for sale if you have a few mil laying around)
    I joined MySpace in 2005 and really enjoyed it until a year ago when they made all these changes to my profile and somehow it became as slow as dialup. Then it just wasn't fun flirting with the boys as Shale so I deleted that account.

Now I have a FB account as Rob and have mostly ppl I have known a while online or ppl I know IRL.

Rob's Facebook Profile

Same for MySpace, but I seldom go there. Went just now to get the URL and noticed some others haven't been on since last year.

Rob's MySpace Profile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

FB....because it's the only one I have. I don't go on it though.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 am

I have Facebook, Twitter and Myspace, but all three of them are set up for the sole purpose of promoting this forum.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat May 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I have a facebook page, but I hardly ever go on it anymore. I hate the way the redesigned it. It's not as user friendly as it once was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:04 am