CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Friendly Veteran
MandyPerfumeGirl
Nystyle709
Shale
Tony Marino
CeCe
RedBedroom
11 posters

Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue? Empty Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm

So, if someone is over with their kids and are misbehaving at your place, do you say something, or do you just let it go?

I usually just let it go unless they are about to break something or hurt themselves. But it annoys the heck out of me.

At Easter, at my dad's, a friend had her two youngsters over and was letting them literally scream at the tops of their lungs. I couldn't believe that she was just letting it go on and on. My dad's nerves were shot.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue? Empty Re: Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue?

Post by CeCe Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't outright scold..but will try to find a way to put it nicely if I can. I've had kids get on the exercise equipment & will say I'm afraid they'll get hurt when the truth is I just want them to get the hell off of it. I've had to come up with similar ideas when they try to get on the computer or mess with the tv. It can be frustrating as hell, I know. You really wish the parent would tell them to knock it off before they end up doing it literally.

One thing I absolutely hate is when company scolds my daughter in HER home. I've almost told them to just get out. Get. out. I've had one person who thinks every time he's over here he can tell her to be quiet & that he has control of the tv. I'm so glad when either of these types just go home. It's a huge relief.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue? Empty Re: Do you scold others' children in your home, or hold your tongue?

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 10, 2011 4:29 pm

If they are doing something I don't approve of and their parents don't say anything, you best believe that I will scold them!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 10, 2011 4:41 pm

It's a fine line between trying to keep the peace & maintaining your own sanity.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm

IDK anyone with kids who visit me. cool dance

Plus the artwork in my apartment makes the place rated NC-17.
    hehe
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

CeCe wrote:I don't outright scold..but will try to find a way to put it nicely if I can. I've had kids get on the exercise equipment & will say I'm afraid they'll get hurt when the truth is I just want them to get the hell off of it. I've had to come up with similar ideas when they try to get on the computer or mess with the tv. It can be frustrating as hell, I know. You really wish the parent would tell them to knock it off before they end up doing it literally.

One thing I absolutely hate is when company scolds my daughter in HER home. I've almost told them to just get out. Get. out. I've had one person who thinks every time he's over here he can tell her to be quiet & that he has control of the tv. I'm so glad when either of these types just go home. It's a huge relief.

I know what you mean about someone coming to your home and scold your daughter. My son's uncle is like that with something. In his house, the kids are basically never allowed in the same room as the adults. And that is not at all how we operate. I don't mind the room filled with kids if we are trying to talk if the kids are being quiet. Then if the kids want to play a loud game or horse around, then I redirect them to a better place to do that. But the uncle will come here and tell them all, my son included, to go in the other room when they walk in.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm

CeCe wrote:I don't outright scold..but will try to find a way to put it nicely if I can. I've had kids get on the exercise equipment & will say I'm afraid they'll get hurt when the truth is I just want them to get the hell off of it. I've had to come up with similar ideas when they try to get on the computer or mess with the tv. It can be frustrating as hell, I know. You really wish the parent would tell them to knock it off before they end up doing it literally.

This. But sometimes this don't go over so well. My uncle is dead because he did this. I wish he would've just let that kid crack his fucking forehead.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu May 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes, if a child and their parent(s) came to my home and the kid was misbehaving, I would scold him/her. This is my house, my rules, and if they don't like it then they can leave.
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I believe there is a difference between scolding and bring up something to someone's attention whether it is a child or an adult. I have no problems bring to a child's attention in front of the parents.

Scolding would be more for a parent to do but letting someone know of something is anyones decission.

You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

It doesn't come up too often but when it does, if they do something they shouldn't we tell them right away and we hold them to the standard of expecting they'll listen and behave.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Not counting our good friend's son who is like a brother to our daughter, about the only child that's been in our home that required an attitude adjustment is our niece from my brother-in-law. Damn skippy I opened my mouth. Uncle Alan don't play that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I haven't had to, but I absolutely would if they were in my house acting up.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Thu May 12, 2011 5:41 pm

I try to remember that one person's "misbehaving" or "annoyance" is not necessarily another's. Some people have no problem with kids screaming, so they allow their children to act that way. I wouldn't say I scold...but if someone is doing something at my house that bothers me, I will ask them to stop. If they don't want to stop, then they need to go someplace else.

I am noise sensitive and that crap would rattle my nerves, too. That being said, I do have a couple of friends who don't seem to have any volume control and talk VERY LOUDLY! I do ask them to tone it down, but they have trouble doing so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:45 am