If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?

Go down 
+6
RiteDiva
BlackPantherGod
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RobbieFTW
RedBedroom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? Empty
PostSubject: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

So, if you came into money, would you ever build a mansion in an area that is middle class, housing both middle class duplexes and middle class homes, all less than $250K in value?

I sure wouldn't. But that happened here. I have known about it for a long time, but just this week, my son was introduced to a new bmx park that is right behind this property, within the confines of a public park. So, when there, he can see the whole back yard, as the planted trees have not grown up enough to keep it totally secluded.

The people that built the mansion, worth nearly 3 mil, own a very nearby industrial park that houses all kinds of things including hotels, restaurants, a vet clinic, a theater, and several distribution facilities.

My thought is that there is no need to be that close by because it's not like they need to be close to the industrial park so that they can mow the grass or something!! The whole location of this boggles my mind, as I have no clue how they even got the permit to build a house of that stature over there.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:16 pm

No if I crazy rich, I'm moving to an exclusive suburb with other crazy rich people and tennis courts and pools.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:46 am

Hell no, I'd buy a mansion far AWAY from everyone else, no neighbors, no Jehovah Witnesses, sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:52 am

Well, there is a crazy huge driveway, so now JW coming there any time soon!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:41 am

Nope. I'd have an average-size house and I'd make sure I have enough to live comfortably with a few perks and yearly family vacations. The rest I'd use to help people. I have a friend with an organization in Uganda. She's dreaming of adding a library to the school she's built. I'd give her the money to do that. There are lots of other wonderful things I could do if I were crazy rich but that's just one example. I wouldn't want a big, massive house.
Back to top Go down
BlackPantherGod
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
BlackPantherGod

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:27 am

It sounds like this guy is just being an asshole. If I'm right, then all he's doing is ostentatiously flashing his wealth at the "commoners". It's extremely egocentric, not to mention selfish; what's going to happen to the people who can barely afford their house payments now?
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:57 am

BlackPantherGod wrote:
It sounds like this guy is just being an asshole. If I'm right, then all he's doing is ostentatiously flashing his wealth at the "commoners". It's extremely egocentric, not to mention selfish; what's going to happen to the people who can barely afford their house payments now?

I agree that this reeks of showoff and vanity. I'm sure in these people's minds, they are very aware that they will be the wealthiest neighbors on the street, and can't wait to act like they don't enjoy the attention.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:21 am

I can't imagine that I would. I'd feel like a big sideshow having a mansion in amongst a bunch of ranch homes. Sounds like this guy just wants attention and to flaunt his wealth.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:28 am

If I were crazy rich, I'd never buy a mansion. I'm only one person living by herself, what do I need all that space for? Not to mention all that housekeeping. I'd live in an average house in an average middle-class neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:21 pm

No. Don't need the attention. 8 times out of 10, I wouldn't live in mansion anyway. Too much maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:21 am

Personally, if I ever became crazy rich, I would live in a mansion, but in a posh neighborhood with other mansions. I wouldn't feel comfortable being the only one on the block with that large a housing structure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?   If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were crazy rich, would you ever own a mansion in a middle class neighborhood?
Page 1 of 1