CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Chris
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
9 posters

When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light? Empty When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light?

Post by Supernova Sun May 15, 2011 2:45 am

I would never have thought about this, I always figured everybody DID turn on the lights, only makes sense to me. But last year I read Lucille Ball's biography, Lucy in the Afternoon, and it said when she had her stroke, she got up in the night, went in the bathroom, and was sitting on the toilet when all of a sudden she felt a heavy weight fall in her lap and when she felt it she realized it was her arm. And the only thing I can figure is she must not have had the light on or she would've seen it was her arm.

But that would also make sense for all the jokes about men leaving the seat up and women fall in because every time I hear that I'm thinking 'don't you look?' and the only way that makes sense would be if they were in the dark and didn't bother looking.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light? Empty Re: When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 15, 2011 4:26 am

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light? Empty Re: When you get out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, do you turn on the light?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 6:41 am

There are no windows in the bathroom I use so it's just about pitch black. I have good aim but I need to see the target.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 am

Good question Supernova.

Almost never. I'm so used to the way my house is shaped that I don't need light to walk to the bathroom. Turning on a light would probably divert my attention from immediately going back to bed.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am

Turning a light on would wake me up. With my eyes adjusted to the darkness, there is enuf ambient light from LED and outside the window in the B/R to see by. (I live alone - my toilet seat stays up).
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 15, 2011 10:04 am

Yes I have to make sure I hit the target.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 am

Tony Marino wrote:Yes I have to make sure I hit the target.

laughing Too bad my father never adopted that philosophy.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun May 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Always.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon May 16, 2011 6:20 am

CeCe wrote:Always.

co-signs
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

There's night light in my bathroom, I can just follow its trail. Don't need to turn on a lot of lights to go piss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 am