CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation Empty Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation

Post by Chris Tue May 17, 2011 7:36 am

Do you think that women who flaunt their sexuality, and deliberately behave in ways that are sexually exploitative, are they in their own way making a stand for Women's Liberation – or are they feeding into male chauvinism?

In other words: if a woman chooses to act like the stereotypical 'slut' (with no man pulling her strings) and enjoys it, while calling herself a 'feminist' for making that choice, is she? Or is she just being a tool?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation Empty Re: Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation

Post by Supernova Tue May 17, 2011 9:37 am

I don't think it's necessarily being liberating because whores are as old as time, even throughout the parts of history where women were treated like property. About the only place I can think of where it was different was among the ancient Woodland Indians of America; where once the girls reached puberty, promuscuity was encouraged among them, oddly though it was never said that the boys were encouraged the same way, and it was very rare for men to have more than one wife, and the women could get a divorce from the men rather easily.
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation Empty Re: Objectification of Women vs. Women's Liberation

Post by Friendly Veteran Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Women liberation to me meant that women wanted to have the same rights as men. That has nothing to do if a woman wants to flaunt whatever she wants to flaunt. Now, if a woman claims that women liberation mean a man cannot admire a woman she is wrong. Some women have taken their liberation to an extreme i.e. If I like you you can look but if I do not I will sue you for sexual harassment.

You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think that women who flaunt their sexuality, and deliberately behave in ways that are sexually exploitative, are they in their own way making a stand for Women's Liberation – or are they feeding into male chauvinism?

In other words: if a woman chooses to act like the stereotypical 'slut' (with no man pulling her strings) and enjoys it, while calling herself a 'feminist' for making that choice, is she? Or is she just being a tool?

Well, she damn sure ain't a 'feminist'. I won't be quick to call her a slut because acting like one and actually being one are two different things. I would say she's an attention seeker.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Chris wrote:Do you think that women who flaunt their sexuality, and deliberately behave in ways that are sexually exploitative, are they in their own way making a stand for Women's Liberation – or are they feeding into male chauvinism?

Well, she damn sure ain't a 'feminist'. I won't be quick to call her a slut because acting like one and actually being one are two different things. I would say she's an attention seeker.

co-signs Most of the time women who carry themselves like play things are doing it for the attention.
    Liberated they may be, but I wouldn't consider them "feminists" either.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Is feminism synonymous with woman's lib?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 am