Fright Night (2011 remake) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fright Night (2011 remake)

Go down 
+3
Chris
Tony Marino
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Fright Night (2011 remake) Empty
PostSubject: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:55 am

Going by the trailer alone I'm thinking this is going to be crap. And that's not just bias because I like the original movie, I actually thought the trailer looked halfway good up until the minute mark when Charlie decides to whip out his Smartphone to look up how to pick a lock while crouching right outside the vampire's door. And from there...it just looks like a reediting of the trailer for Disturbia with a vampire thrown into it.

Now, one thing I noticed right off the bat, in the original movie, the original victims were prostitutes, this time it's high school kids, why? Only it doesn't stop there, this vampire is wiping out entire families in the area, and oh look, there's a pattern linking them together to explain why the victims were chosen...but the stupid cops in the area apparently have absolutely no idea what's going on, which I know is nothing new but give us a break, it's a dead horse.

I was actually thinking in a few months when this comes out on DVD, for $4 it might be worth a viewing, except today I find out the video store is going out of business, so the options are either pay $8.50 to see it at the theater and most likely hate it, or wait until 6 months after the DVD release to get it on loan from the library, either way I don't know that it'd be worth the trouble since I really don't expect this to be scary, or suspenseful, or intelligent in any way.

but that's just me, how about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:05 am

I plan to see it. I am a fan of the original move with Chris Sarandon. By the way, the victims in the original movie were also high school students, look at what he did to the one called Evil Ed. He also changed Charlie's girlfriend into a Vampiress. I am sure it will suck but hey, I like a cheap thrill here and there.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:12 am

I never saw the original 1985 film, but the trailer for the remake doesn't look half bad. I may see it when it hits theaters this August. According to Wikipedia, it's being released in Real D 3D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:50 am

Like they need to release that in 3D, if its playing in 2 D I will see that version rather than pay the extra expense for the 3D.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
I plan to see it. I am a fan of the original move with Chris Sarandon. By the way, the victims in the original movie were also high school students, look at what he did to the one called Evil Ed. He also changed Charlie's girlfriend into a Vampiress. I am sure it will suck but hey, I like a cheap thrill here and there.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure Dandridge only went after Ed and Amy because Charlie was onto him, until he found out he was being watched his only interest seemed to be in grown women.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:49 am

Talking about Fright Night the original was on Encore Mysteries late last night.
Back to top Go down
rienpoet
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
rienpoet

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:02 am

Tony Marino wrote:

I love the original movie, too. I was petrified when I saw it. I think, Fright Night is one of a very few movies that are able to make me unable to sleep.

And I like Anton Yelchin.

IDK if I'll see it in theater or not, but I'll try to get the DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~rienmuse
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm

rienpoet wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

I love the original movie, too. I was petrified when I saw it. I think, Fright Night is one of a very few movies that are able to make me unable to sleep.

And I like Anton Yelchin.

IDK if I'll see it in theater or not, but I'll try to get the DVD.

I may wait for DVD as well, I will decide when it is released.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm not a fan of Colin Farrell (although I have to give him props for In Bruges) but he looks pretty darned good for this role. The original isn't a great film but it's a solid little 1980s horror flick that I have fond memories of watching and re-watching on VHS with my cousins (The Lost Boys was another favorite from that period). I re-watched it a few years ago and while it's definitely dated (especially the dance seduction scene in the club...yeesh!) it still holds up in terms of make-up FX and dark humor.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Ill go see this next week.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Fright Night (2011)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 am

Fright Night (2011)
Movie Blurb by Shale
September 7, 2011

This isn’t my usual movie fare, but I am vacationing in St. Peters MO and there is a theater that has early matinees for $5, so that is one of my frequent activities and today I arrived just as this one was showing so went to see if it would scare me. This movie opened on August 19th so those into this kind of movie likely have seen it already.

This remake of a 1985 movie of the same name is a teen oriented vampire/horror/comedy – can’t really take it too seriously – and yet there were tense suspenseful moments.

I never saw the original movie but by what I read of it, there are the same characters and plot and it is likely dated. This one takes place in the present time, accounting for cell phones, ipads, texting, and ubiquitous videos that don’t show a vampire’s image, replacing mirrors usually used for that. I noticed that the aggregate reviews on Rottentomatoes showed that 75% of both critics and audiences liked it. The movie is 3-D but I saw it in 2-D.

It starts with one of those scary scenes of a quiet house except for a terrified teen boy trying to hide from a monster under a bed next to his dead father & mother. The monster we later learn is Jerry Dandrige (Colin Farrell).

Monster Lookin’ Good
Fright Night (2011 remake) 78543_gal

Jerry lives next door to Charley (Anton Yelchin) who is trying to be cool with his girlfriend Amy (Imogen Poots) even tho he was recently a nerd like his friend Ed (Christopher Mintz-Plasse), who alerts him to missing schoolmates and that Jerry is a vampire.

Charley & Amy Spying on Jerry
Fright Night (2011 remake) 75364_gal

Well, no one believes a kid when he tells them his neighbor is a vampire and killing ppl. That is until Jerry gets really hungry and angry that his identity is up and he becomes quite aggressive in getting Amy, Charley and his mother, (Toni Collette) to leave their house (which they would not invite him in).

We Believe You Now Charley
Fright Night (2011 remake) 78540_gal

That’s the set-up. From there are chases where an unkillable monster keeps coming back, vampire bites and turnings and Charley’s resolve to kill Jerry and get Amy back.

Vampire Bites are Seductive
Fright Night (2011 remake) 78408_gal

Aiding him in this is a TV magician, Peter Vincent (David Tennant), supposedly an expert on vampire killing.

This was a fun movie, more teen comedy than horror. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:36 am

Colin Farrell himself is a fan of the original but finally admitted he likes this one too big grin

Quote :
Colin Farrell caused a rumble when he seemed to diss his own movie in front of thousands of theater owners on Tuesday at the group’s annual CinemaCon convention.

But really, he was taking a knock at himself.

The wisecracking Irishman was there to show off the first footage of his upcoming horror remake Fright Night, as a vicious but bored-to-(un)death vampire who moves into the suburbs next to a suspicious teen (Anton Yelchin). The 34-year-old actor was a big fan of the 1985 cult-favorite, which starred Chris Sarandon in the bloodsucker role, and told the audience of theater owners: “I heard they were remaking Fright Night and went, ‘Ah, god, remake! Hollywood, so dull!’ And I read the script [by Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Mad Men alum Marti Noxon] and really hoped I didn’t like it, and I did. It was fun. But I was a fan of the original. I probably saw it when I was 12 years of age, and loved it.”

Okay, so far, so good. Farrell went on to talk about his friendship with director Craig Gillespie and praised his previous movie Lars and the Real Girl. But then he continued.

“Meself, as a fan of the original, it doesn’t change. I don’t think I’ll have a copy of this version in my library, but I have the original at home,” Farrell said, drawing scattered nervous laughs. “And since [the old film] still exists, maybe this [new] film will bring that film to a whole new audience and maybe some fans of the original, like myself, can enjoy this one as well.”

He then threw it back to Gillespie who said, haltingly, “There are … other actors in the film, as well,” garnering more chuckles from the crowd.

Backstage, Farrell was kicking himself. “Yeah, I knew that would be picked up!” he told EW. “What I meant was [I wouldn't own it] because I’m in the f—ing thing!” He said he cringes when he watches himself. “It’s always uncomfortable.” Even his sister said “D’oh” to Farrell after hearing what he said onstage. But the actor says he’s a fan of the new Fright Night now, too. He endured watching himself in the film, and said he “enjoyed the romp that it was for two hours.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/03/29/colin-farrell-fright-night-cinemacon/
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:45 am

I missed it in the theatre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fright Night (2011 remake)   Fright Night (2011 remake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fright Night (2011 remake)
Page 1 of 1