CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Would a bank do this?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would a bank do this? Empty Would a bank do this?

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 am

I am not all that savvy about the workings of banking these days. But this seems like b.s. to me.

A man and woman (she's from England, not sure what her American citizenship status was) move into a property only she mortgaged. They break up, after a few years, and she goes back to England and defaults on everything she has out in America, including the mortgage on their shared property. So, the guy pays for three months on the property anyway since that is where he lives and does not want to lose it.

So, after three months, he calls the bank and explains what has happened. Keep in mind, none of this is in his name. The bank (supposedly) tells him to immediately stop paying on the mortgage and wait for her to default, then they will refinance.

Does that make sense? I don't see a bank not milking out him paying for as long as he would and then going forward if and when he decides to stop payment. I am guessing this guy is full of it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Would a bank do this? Empty Re: Would a bank do this?

Post by CeCe Fri May 20, 2011 8:51 am

It's not making sense to me either. I'm not seeing how he wouldn't have to apply for the loan & go through the entire hideous process. They can't "refinance" a loan he doesn't even have. And I'm not seeing how anything could happen with this particular house until she defaults & goes through foreclosure.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:35 pm