CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Supernova
6 posters

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Empty Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 am

I think brave is a term open to interpretation, everybody probably has different ideas of what qualifies as brave, but what do you think?

I remember when I got my hair cut off, I went to the grocery store and one of the women from the bakery said she liked it but she didn't think she'd be brave enough to try it before she grew hers down to her feet first. And I was like ' Suspect what does being brave have to do with getting a haircut?'

Now, another thing I think it takes courage to do is go on some of those rides at the amusement parks and fairs, and I don't just mean the 150 mph roller coasters, last year I went on the Spider and the Trabant Wheel, I was scared out of my mind for the duration of both rides because I was sure knowing my luck, something would go wrong, we'd get thrown out, fall 20 feet to the ground, get smashed up and die; but the thing I think about is the fact that I DID go on them, despite how terrifying an experience it was to me, who had never been on anything like that before. My mother on the other hand won't even go on the Ferris wheel because she hates heights. There was another ride last year called the Patriot, one of those pendulum rides where they strap you in and lock you in a cage and it goes up and goes left, right, left right, upside down, stops, and resumes...the kids I went with who weren't scared of ANY of the other rides said they were never going on it again, if they have it this year I think I will to see what it's like. I don't know whether you'd call that bravery or stupidity, I think there's a fine line between the two.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Empty Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 2:24 am

I go both ways. I think I am more often afraid than brave, but not always. I still ride my dirt bike though I should not, give the situation I have with my neck not being in the best shape. But I am not a fan of driving fast on the highway...total contradiction.

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Empty Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon May 23, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah - i think brave can be applied in different ways. I wouldn't consider myself brave when it came to crazy things like sky-diving or bungee jumping and I really don't like creepy crawlers. I'm probably not a brave person.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 2:34 am

laughing This reminds me of something I plan to use in a novel of mine...I have this one character, a woman who was a lawyer, and she rides a motorcycle and fires guns and gets into violent fights constantly, but later on in the story I give her this whole speech of 'I hate heights, I don't like water, I won't set foot in elevators, I'm a VERY boring person'. Now that would be a total contradiction.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 am

OMG, Super, I will totally consult for your book! I am not afraid of my bikes but I don't like water and am sorta/kinda ok with heights.

Maybe we can collaborate...I have always yearned to write a book about a female in the motocross world!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

I can be brave........depending on what it is. Some people confuse brave and stupidity as being synonymous.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm

By and large, yes I do.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed May 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I can be brave........depending on what it is. Some people confuse brave and stupidity as being synonymous.

yep co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:26 pm