Taking a loved one off life support. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking a loved one off life support.

Go down 
+3
RedBedroom
Supernova
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Taking a loved one off life support. Empty
PostSubject: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 am

We've talked about assisted suicide for the terminally ill, and if it's right/wrong, but I don't think we have ever talked about life support. If your loved one was in a deep coma for a year, and doctors were so pessimistic about their prospect of ever awakening that one of the options they suggested was to turn off the machine to let them die peacefully; would you consider it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Yes, because if they never come out of it, what are you keeping them alive for? And just because they can't talk and the doctors can't find anything to suggest it, doesn't mean that that person isn't suffering with every day they're still kept alive. Though there was one case where a man was in a vegetative state for 20 years before his mother found out he was NOT comatose, he was paralyzed and unable to talk, 20 years and the doctors missed that, but that's why I would have several opinions before deciding.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Honestly, I don't know. It truly depends who it is really. It would be easier to end things if the person was older vs. someone much younger.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Yes, I would pull the plug and let nature take its course. I believe in quality of life over quantity.

I have a living will that gives clear instruction not to put me on life support in the first place.

My grandson, since turning 18 has been charged with the task of 'pulling the plug.' He was really concerned about if he could do it until we told him it was a figure of speech and that he would not have to actually 'pull the plug.'
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm

If they are brain dead what is the point of keeping them alive?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah. But that/s only after a lengthy period of time and I see for myself that there is no hope. Best believe I'm not going to be quick to pull the plug on somebody I love quickly. I don't give a shit if it costs money. Miracles happen.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

If they were brain dead? I would probably take them off life support. I know it's what I'd want.

If they were still breathing on their own and whatnot, it would be tougher. I really don't know what I'd do then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a loved one off life support.   Taking a loved one off life support. Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a loved one off life support.
Page 1 of 1