CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Chris
6 posters

What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it? Empty What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it?

Post by Chris Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:01 am

Is there any book you may have only gotten half way through, but never finished it?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it? Empty Re: What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Nah. I tend to finish everything I read.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it? Empty Re: What is a book you started reading but never finished? Why didn't or couldn't you finish it?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters

I have been reading this for about three years off and on! I can't stand the perspective of the main character. I will finish it some day, but not any time soon.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:03 am

There have been a few, The Yellow Room, and The Swimming Pool, and The State vs. Eleanor Norton by Mary Roberts Rinehart, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Stand by Stephen King, Rosemary's Baby (I finally got around to rereading it last fall when I was sick in bed), Thelma & Louise and Women in Hollywood, Thelma & Louise Live!, a few Alfred Hitchcock books, and the reasons vary between I lost interest, I started reading something else, or it was due back at the library and maxed out on renewals.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:38 am

Anything by Thomas Mann. I loathe his works.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:Anything by Thomas Mann. I loathe his works.

That reminds me of something funny. A few days ago I got the book The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane and there's a boy in it called Mario the Magician, and Rynn says there's a story by Thomas Mann by the same name...and last Saturday at the library I was browsing through the literature section just looking around at everything, found a big book of 16 short novels, I take it out to look at it, one of the stories in there is Mario and the Magician by Thomas Mann!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 am

Dean Koontz - tried reading one of his books and each of the first four chapters were about different people/situations. I liked the first character and cared about what happened to her, but would have to jump every fourth chapter to read about her. i had no interest in the other characters whatsoever. My friend told me that the end converged them all together sort of like the movie Traffic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 pm