Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Positive accomplishments of President Bush?

Go down 
+8
Tony Marino
captainbryce
Impact
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Nhaiyel
Chris
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
He gave two court justices I loved who I feel actually know what it means to be a judge and not a legislator. He respected human rights. He lowered taxes for all, not just the wealthy like the left claims. (We ain't wealthy by any stretch and we got one. ) He kept us safe. He didn't do half of the crap you accuse him of. He had at least a mediocre amount of leadership on economic, social, and defense issues. (Compared to a nonexistent one like now) Maybe once we get real leaders in, we can be harder on ole Dubya. Until then, I say that Bush wasn't so bad and the non-sheep already see that. I guess I can see how maybe a person would find a lot to dislike about Bush, I know I did. But then we met Obama and we saw what a REAL candidate for worst president ever is. (Not to mention the idiots Bush ran again would've done so much worse that I have no regrets about Bush.)`

Now I am sure you'll disagree with my post and break it apart in a post you actually think I'll care to read. (And probably disagree with my reasons, just like I disagree with the shitty ones you posted. Most of them describe Obama or Clinton more than W.) I expect you to disagree with mine. So I have no interest in your counters cause they'll be predictable.

"He respected human rights." Are you fucking serious? He imprisoned people for a decade without due process against the Supreme court and also tortured them in secret while simultaneously claiming to the public that the US doesn't engage in torture.

NOBODY has claimed that he didn't lower taxes for all. The reason nobody has claimed that is because it's completely besides the point. Lowering taxes FOR THE RICH reduced goverment income and further plunged the country into debt!

"He kept us safe"
From who? How exactly? How are we any safer now than we were before he was in office. I can only think of ONE thing that he did (because he was forced to). Can you?

"He didn't do half of the crap you accuse him of."
Actually he did. ALL OF IT. Do some research because the evidence is all there. Nothing is served by denial.

"He had at least a mediocre amount of leadership on economic, social, and defense issues. (Compared to a nonexistent one like now)"
Such as? Examples please? You made a lot of opinionated statements but you've kept them intentionally vague. I can think of plenty of economic, social and defense "issues" (whatever that's supposed to mean) that Obama has also done to benefit the US. So what EXACTLY are you claiming that Bush did better than Obama on any of these fronts?

I don't need to continue trading 'dick size' arguments with you over who was the "better" president. Frankly I don't even think I need to prove that case at all. All I'm asking you to do is answer the OP question. What exactly did Bush do that was GOOD for the country? Saying that "he kept us safe" is a non-answer unless you can explain how he did that. He fucked up the economy, he ignored minority rights (social) and abused the military (defense). And I can give specific examples of HOW he did all of those things if needed. But its clear that you don't really care about facts so I'm not going to waste my time. You've made it abundently obvious just how politically biased you are.

In any case, I'm sorry I exposed yet another one of your DEFEATED arguments publically AGAIN. But since you "don't care" then I wouldn't expect you to take it personally. I know your only like 12 or whatever but seriously dude, it's time to grow up now. When you have a debate with people on this forum and you expect to be taken seriously, bring something of substance to the table. "I know you are, but what am I's" don't really help your cause in a serious debate (particularly one concerning politics).

Final thoughts: Bush had the LOWEST approval rating of any President upon leaving the White House. Only time will tell what Obama's final approval rating will be. I'm sure if you have anything to do about it Obama will be ranked zero. He could walk on water and turn water into wine and you probably wouldn't care. big grin But at the end of the day, only when his numbers fall below that can he be said to be "worse" than Bush overall. Good day!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/16/opinion/polls/main4728399.shtml
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Bla, bla, bla. FORGIVENESS MAN Gosh you talk too much. Razz And you don't say anything but your opinion, which I really have gotten bored with the predictability of, so it's just too tedious a read.

I don't care what Bush's approval rating was. lol Considering the idiot America elected after him, I don't necessarily trust the opinion of the American people.

And I can definitely consider Obama worse than Bush, regardless of his approval ratings. I don't judge quality based on the opinions what people think. Sorry. I've found the American people's opinions to be very non-indicative of quality.

BTW, I have answered the OP's question. You just disagree with the answers. Which is fine. I've come to expect disagreement from you.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Actually, a lot of that wasn't opinion aside from the charts at the end.

The man did commit war crimes and got away with it. That's not respecting human rights. He's also a homophobe who hindered the gay rights movement. Also not respecting human rights.

He respected human rights for rich white Christians.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:25 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
The man did commit war crimes and got away with it. That's not respecting human rights. He's also a homophobe who hindered the gay rights movement. Also not respecting human rights.
Okay, not all of it was opinion. Those right there are just outright lies.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:32 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:

I smell denial and its name is ForgivenessMan.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-02-24/politics/elec04.prez.bush.marriage_1_single-state-or-city-marriage-rights-marriage-licenses?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

It's not denial. It's just not buying into the distorted schoolyard definition of homophobia that many these days buy into. (And if you smell something, I still say it's your cologne. Razz )
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 pm

...that's proof that he helped in trying to hinder the gay movement! That's bigotry!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
...that's proof that he helped in trying to hinder the gay movement! That's bigotry!
It's your opinion that it's bigotry. IMO, anybody who calls that bigotry has no clue what it means. (And Gay movement? XD I thought there was no gay movement. Razz )
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 pm

...Of course there's a gay rights movement.

And of course that's bigotry. Get a dictionary.

The man would do anything to impose his views onto the rights of other people. That's biased and unbelievably wrong.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
...Of course there's a gay rights movement.

And of course that's bigotry. Get a dictionary.

The man would do anything to impose his views onto the rights of other people. That's biased and unbelievably wrong.

I got a dictionary. That's how I know that it's not bigotry. If it was, all politicians who pass any kind of law would be guilty of bigotry. (Which I guess would make just about every person who interacts with others a bigot too.) No bigotry here. Just a lot of opinion.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Quote :
A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

That's Bush in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Nope. Can't think of a thing.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
Quote :
A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

That's Bush in a nutshell.
And that's your opinion (and only opinion) in a nutshell. (One that I find very false.) So now that we know what everybody thinks, I'm moving on. Smile Good Day.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

By your definition of an opinion, I guess I can say that water is naturally brown and all forms of intelligent life can be traced back to my testicles.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:02 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
By your definition of an opinion, I guess I can say that water is naturally brown and all forms of intelligent life can be traced back to my testicles.

Smile
I guess I should stop being nice and just say that you are full of crap instead? Lol Excuse me for giving some respect to your views by classifying them as opinion. Lol I'll try to remember for next time. Wink
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:20 pm

I'd say you came from my testicles, but you're not the most intelligent of lifeforms.

GLBT pride
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:18 pm

What in the hell does Obama have to do with Bush, or the question asked? Bush left this country in ruins, and therefore not much can be said for his presidency. That "Obama" crap is just a deflection because someone couldn't easily answer the question.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:21 am

Why do ya'll bother? Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Some people can't resist picking at scabs either.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

Ah! I see. Your reading into the hugs as something totally different than what I actually mean. Its just my way of greeting you, no hidden agenda behind it. I even hijacked the thread!!!! You know that if I disagree with you on something I would just come out and say it. Big Bro is very unhappy now sad

Lil bro is sorry. FORGIVENESS MAN It just felt a tad suspicious. Forgive Lil Bro. Razz

bear hug
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:
Lil bro is sorry. FORGIVENESS MAN It just felt a tad suspicious. Forgive Lil Bro. Razz

bear hug
big hugz
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

Some people can't resist picking at scabs either.

I just shake my head each and every time.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 pm

I doubt that in all 8 years he was in the white house Bush ever even managed to pour milk in his cereal without spilling any on the table. The only thing he accomplished was making sure that another Republican wouldn't take office after he left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive accomplishments of President Bush?   Positive accomplishments of President Bush? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Positive accomplishments of President Bush?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2