CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Hyacinth Girl
DanaShelbyChancey
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters

How did your parents like your music?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How did your parents like your music? Empty How did your parents like your music?

Post by Chris Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 am

When you were growing up, what did you parents think of the music you listened to? Was there any artist/group/band that you loved that they hated?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How did your parents like your music? Empty Re: How did your parents like your music?

Post by Cheaps Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:17 am

my ma couldn't stand janet jackson!! Smile it was funny, she still doesn't.

but she does like some of the r&b stuff i listen to, mostly the slow songs.

and rap? forget about it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

How did your parents like your music? Empty Re: How did your parents like your music?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 am

Hmm. My mother likes Madonna and one or two Janet songs. One or two Duran Duran songs. Likes Tears for Fears. But the rest is up for debate.

My father hates almost everything I like except The Doors, Queen and Journey. And he has respect fo Björk for not giving a shit about what people think of her.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 am

I was born in 1955. My parents absolutely hated everything I listened to. Once, they had to listen to the pop station to get school closings (that was how they did it in those days) and my mother would not shut up about what crap this station was playing. It was Motown! Some of the best music ever created! She has no taste, to this day.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:21 pm

My parents were music junkies and had the biggest collection of vinyl I knew of at the time--lol. My Mom pretty much listened to whatever my Dad was listening to, and even today, I make my Dad copies of whatever I'm currently listening to and we trade music. He's a little more open to different stuff than I am, though--lately I'm stuck in 60's classic rock, 70's punk and disco and 80's new wave/alternative.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 pm

We never butted heads about music. There was really nothing out there that needed one of those warning labels so they didn't monitor my musical tastes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 pm

They didn't like it, but they never raised a fuss really.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:25 pm

We didn't butt heads too much. Me and my mother have pretty much the same taste in music and so does me and my father. However, growing up....my father loved, and still does, Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond. I couldn't stand them growing up, he would always play them on road trips, but Neil Diamond grew on me. People are surprised to learn that I'm a fan of his.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 pm

From time to time when I'd ride with them in the car, we'd butt heads over what radio station to listen to. Of course I wanted the regular top 40 and while my parents would often let it play, there were times when they just couldn't oblige what was on and hastily changed the channel.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 am

Nope. They thought it was noise and used to claim I had it turned up too loud for 3am.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:21 am