Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?

Go down 
+6
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RobbieFTW
CeCe
RedBedroom
Supernova
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? Empty
PostSubject: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am

Do you think the law should permit kids under the age of eighteen to marry, even if they have parental consent? Would you consider it bad parenting for a parent to give their fourteen or fifteen year old permission to marry that young?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 am

Yes I would say so, at 14-15 you can't even get a job, how the hell would you support each other? Also, why would anybody NEED to get married at 14-15? This isn't the Middle Ages anymore where you're dead by 30 and need to beget children to pass down the family name. I mean hell, if you can't even get into an R rated movie by yourself, what business do you have legally forming together in marriage?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:57 am

I think it is pretty stupid to give a child permission to marry prior to 18. But, the way I see it, it doesn't make too much difference because they would most likely be sleeping together anyway.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:05 am

Having sex is one thing but getting married when underage is stupid. Trust me. Completely totally regrettably fucking moronically stupid.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 am

And as anybody who's ever been married would let you know, divorce is a LOT harder and messier than just being with someone and breaking up with them.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:10 am

Nope I dont. Nothings so serious that they cant wait til 18 (and most 18 yr olds have no business marrying . . . but whateva on that.)
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am

No. Because their parents are the ones who will have to clean it up.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

In an ideal world, NO. But have to consider that my mom ran off from St. Louis at 14 and married my dad. True to prediction they were divorced in five years. Oh, they got married in Mississippi THEN asked my grandmother's permission and since she was herself married at 16 didn't really object. (Woulda been too involved to have a marriage anulled in another state)
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I think it is pretty stupid to give a child permission to marry prior to 18. But, the way I see it, it doesn't make too much difference because they would most likely be sleeping together anyway.

But, it's like Jeff Foxworthy said 'getting married just to have sex is like buying a 747 jet just to get the little bags of peanuts. If it's peanuts you want, there are more cost efficient ways of getting them!'
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Absolutely not, and I suspect many of the parents who allow it basically do it for the sake of emancipating themselves of the responsibility of having to continue to support these marrying kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 pm

If they're not old enough to live as a married couple - holding down a job, paying bills, etc, the they should not be allowed to get married.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:08 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
If they're not old enough to live as a married couple - holding down a job, paying bills, etc, the they should not be allowed to get married.

Exactly, what is the point?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I wouldn't give my kid permission to marry that young and I don't think the law should allow it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?   Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should underaged kids be allowed to get married with parental consent?
Page 1 of 1