Do you like where you live? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like where you live?

Go down 
+5
Marc™
AtownPeep
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

Do you like where you live? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I complain about Jersey all the time but (aside from moving to a better section of it) I can't see ever leaving. Not even if I won a few million bucks. Oh, I'd buy vacation property in Belize, and may stay there for a year or so from time to time, but I'd never up and leave NJ altogether. Was born here, and this is where I'll stay! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Even if you lived in Jersey City? LOL, I got fam there....but nah, Jersey is cool. I do like the area where I live though. No alternate side parking, I don't hear no gun shots at night, people mind their damn business for the most part and it's quiet. So I'm with you. Win a few million bucks, I'd buy a house right here in NY. Westchester County or Long Island if not the five boroughs. I wouldn't stray too far from here. Maybe when I retire or get a job that is too good to pass up will I relocate.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 pm

I am a native New Yorker, my biggest complaints are how expensive it is to live here and how congested it has gotten. Living on Long Island used to be a dream now its a nightmare with all the traffic. One day I hope to re-loacte to the California Desert. Cost of living is not that much less but the congestion is less.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
I am a native New Yorker, my biggest complaints are how expensive it is to live here and how congested it has gotten.

Always the deal breaker for people. And it's true, rents are too damn high. Heard of that party? What they want for a basement apartment is ridiculous, forget about something decent and a one bedroom. But this is what I always tell people.....if you could pay your rent here and that's ALL you had to pay, you could def. live in NYC. Problem is, that's not all people have to shell out for. If you have a car, auto insurance is ridiculous, gas prices are ridiculous, parking tickets are ridiculous. Because the parking tickets are so expensive, you shell out money trying to keep from getting one by paying a garage to house your car monthly or paying for parking at a lot and those prices are ridiculous. Paying tolls is damn near extortion. Ideally, you don't need a car here but they are always raising or trying to raise the fare. If you own a home, if you get a rate on the mortgage, that's cool...but the property taxes are devastating. People's salary aren't going up with the cost of living. And the salaries here are more than the average salary in the rest of the country. It's quite burdensome. A few of my co-workers live upstate in Orange County and you get way more for your money up there. Basically, you have to get out of New York CITY.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Always the deal breaker for people. And it's true, rents are too damn high. Heard of that party? What they want for a basement apartment is ridiculous, forget about something decent and a one bedroom. But this is what I always tell people.....if you could pay your rent here and that's ALL you had to pay, you could def. live in NYC. Problem is, that's not all people have to shell out for. If you have a car, auto insurance is ridiculous, gas prices are ridiculous, parking tickets are ridiculous. Because the parking tickets are so expensive, you shell out money trying to keep from getting one by paying a garage to house your car monthly or paying for parking at a lot and those prices are ridiculous. Paying tolls is damn near extortion. Ideally, you don't need a car here but they are always raising or trying to raise the fare. If you own a home, if you get a rate on the mortgage, that's cool...but the property taxes are devastating. People's salary aren't going up with the cost of living. And the salaries here are more than the average salary in the rest of the country. It's quite burdensome. A few of my co-workers live upstate in Orange County and you get way more for your money up there. Basically, you have to get out of New York CITY.

Man you have it all down. Rents!! I have seen studio apartments for rent for over a thousand a month and not talking Manhattan. Taxes, I am ready to put a for sale sign outside my house, my Taxes have zoomed up, especially my school taxes which are the most expensive and I don't even have children in school!!! Now the newest legalized extortion is the cameras they have up near designated traffic lights that take a pic of your car if you go through a red light. Thats 50 bucks a ticket and parking tickets are way over 100 bucks! Car and homeowners insurance has gotten way out of hand, especially homeowners insurance. I have insurance on my home, my outside water pipes, my inside water pipes, my gas burner and hot water heater, they want you to have insurance on everything that is operable in your home, even if these things never break down. I feel we are are being forced to give up and leave New York. I will be one of them one day and it is not because I don't love New York because I do. Where in this big country can you go and have what we all have here?
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

I love the ATL and will always consider it "home", but I don't wanna live here the rest of my life. I wanna move west someday.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 pm

AtownPeep wrote:
I love the ATL and will always consider it "home", but I don't wanna live here the rest of my life. I wanna move west someday.

I love Cali.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Man you have it all down. Rents!! I have seen studio apartments for rent for over a thousand a month and not talking Manhattan. Taxes, I am ready to put a for sale sign outside my house, my Taxes have zoomed up, especially my school taxes which are the most expensive and I don't even have children in school!!! Now the newest legalized extortion is the cameras they have up near designated traffic lights that take a pic of your car if you go through a red light. Thats 50 bucks a ticket and parking tickets are way over 100 bucks! Car and homeowners insurance has gotten way out of hand, especially homeowners insurance. I have insurance on my home, my outside water pipes, my inside water pipes, my gas burner and hot water heater, they want you to have insurance on everything that is operable in your home, even if these things never break down. I feel we are are being forced to give up and leave New York. I will be one of them one day and it is not because I don't love New York because I do. Where in this big country can you go and have what we all have here?

Damn. And I want to buy my first house around the time I'm 30. NY is a city that I love and hate equally. Bloomberg wants to make this place strictly for the rich. They're pricing the middle class out of NY. Parking tix are $115 off the bat. I had one of those asshole traffic ticket cops actually give me a ticket while I was in the car. I was moving. That's not their jurisdiction, they're not supposed to ticket moving vehicles, only parked vehicles. But they're that bold now, everyone has a quota. And I SWEAR there was a light flash in front of my face when I was a passenger in my friend's car. They're not even trying to be discreet anymore. It was a blatant flash like someone held the damn camera up right in front of me. Yeah, she did go through the light and since she was driving, that ticket is going to be on her. I know she's gonna be pissed. It's fucked up really. They're making people leave their homes. NY is home to millions, people are reluctant to leave someplace where they were born and bred. When folks start making a big enough stink about it, that's when something will done. Until then, they will put up with the atrocity unless is finally breaks them.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I love Cali.

Cali, Wash or Nevada. That whole region is attractive to me!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 am

Hell no. As soon as I can get my finances situated, I'm out of Michigan. I have uncles/aunts/cousins who've already started to migrate out of here. My mothers even talking about moving down south. Me, I'm looking at the east coast (Either Nystyle or Tony Marino can give me a tour of the city I'm eyeing.)
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am

Marc wrote:
Hell no. As soon as I can get my finances situated, I'm out of Michigan. I have uncles/aunts/cousins who've already started to migrate out of here. My mothers even talking about moving down south. Me, I'm looking at the east coast (Either Nystyle or Tony Marino can give me a tour of the city I'm eyeing.)

I would yes!!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Damn. And I want to buy my first house around the time I'm 30. NY is a city that I love and hate equally. Bloomberg wants to make this place strictly for the rich. They're pricing the middle class out of NY. Parking tix are $115 off the bat. I had one of those asshole traffic ticket cops actually give me a ticket while I was in the car. I was moving. That's not their jurisdiction, they're not supposed to ticket moving vehicles, only parked vehicles. But they're that bold now, everyone has a quota. And I SWEAR there was a light flash in front of my face when I was a passenger in my friend's car. They're not even trying to be discreet anymore. It was a blatant flash like someone held the damn camera up right in front of me. Yeah, she did go through the light and since she was driving, that ticket is going to be on her. I know she's gonna be pissed. It's fucked up really. They're making people leave their homes. NY is home to millions, people are reluctant to leave someplace where they were born and bred. When folks start making a big enough stink about it, that's when something will done. Until then, they will put up with the atrocity unless is finally breaks them.

Oh Yeah those cameras at the designated light flash very brightly so you can see them in the daylight. How fair is that when you are going 40 and get caught at the yellow and have no choice but to continue on. Bloomberg LOL how the hell did that asshole get re-elected again. Tell me, why did he have to build the Stadiums and use millions of dollars of Tax payers money, what was wrong with Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, couldn't he just give them a face lift??? Look at the prices of tickets!
People are definetly being forced out of their homes. I know on Long Island there is a mass migration of people leaving their homes and we have out county executive to thank for hiking up our school taxes every year. I have often said that Long Islanders should have a huge demo and refuse to pay their taxes until something is done to lower and stabilize them because it is so out of control. What are they going to do, throw over a million people out of their homes? Or maybe they will send in the national guard to mow us all down with machine guns like Kent State in 69. I am not past believing that they would do something like that. A revolt by the people is the only way this extortion is going to stop.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am

Marc wrote:

I got you.....come on out!
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am

I like Chicago (born & raised). But I wouldn't wanna live here all my life just because I'm the type that likes to try new things AND because too many generations of my fam is here and I kinda wanna get out there and forge my own "home" just to be different. I'd love to move to like Florida or something.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:12 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Oh Yeah those cameras at the designated light flash very brightly so you can see them in the daylight. How fair is that when you are going 40 and get caught at the yellow and have no choice but to continue on. Bloomberg LOL how the hell did that asshole get re-elected again. Tell me, why did he have to build the Stadiums and use millions of dollars of Tax payers money, what was wrong with Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, couldn't he just give them a face lift??? Look at the prices of tickets!

Absolutely NOTHING. That really pissed me off the most. Those stadiums are historical, why are you getting rid of all that history? I don't even call Shea CitiField....it's still Shea Stadium to me. And I don't really care about baseball. Bloomberg bought that election. And he BARELY won it. Granted, he's not as bad as Guiliani but he's just as power crazy.

People are definetly being forced out of their homes. I know on Long Island there is a mass migration of people leaving their homes and we have out county executive to thank for hiking up our school taxes every year. I have often said that Long Islanders should have a huge demo and refuse to pay their taxes until something is done to lower and stabilize them because it is so out of control. What are they going to do, throw over a million people out of their homes? Or maybe they will send in the national guard to mow us all down with machine guns like Kent State in 69. I am not past believing that they would do something like that. A revolt by the people is the only way this extortion is going to stop.

I was in Garden City the other day, I know they're paying 50k or more a year in taxes alone. I still want to live out there because it's nice but in this day and age, you definitely have to be financially well-off to even consider it. If you think LI foreclosures are bad, check out Queens. Everywhere I look I see a for sale sign on someone's house.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 am

JM130ELM wrote:
I like Chicago (born & raised). But I wouldn't wanna live here all my life just because I'm the type that likes to try new things AND because too many generations of my fam is here and I kinda wanna get out there and forge my own "home" just to be different. I'd love to move to like Florida or something.

I really like Chicago. Now that's one place I could live.....if the crime wasn't so bad. And yes, I know it's only certain areas, but still.....it's not a place where you want to be caught out there. My mother lives in Florida. She keeps trying to get me to come down there.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

I was in Garden City the other day, I know they're paying 50k or more a year in taxes alone. I still want to live out there because it's nice but in this day and age, you definitely have to be financially well-off to even consider it. If you think LI foreclosures are bad, check out Queens. Everywhere I look I see a for sale sign on someone's house.

Exactly, he destroyed a major part of New York history when he tore down those stadiums. Look what he did to Coney Island, most of it is gone now, talk about New York History. Giuliani, I know he was not the best but he did clean up Times Square and he was a good leader during the 9/11 attack, where was Pataki when that happened?

Garden City, whoa talking million dollar homes, if someone can afford that then they probably can afford 50k in taxes but its not right that they should have to fork over that amount just because they live in an affluent neighborhood. Taxes in Queens are way lower then L.I., I had a friend that lived in Nassau County and was forced to move to Rosedale because the taxes were much less there. Even so, no matter what borough you live in, people should not be taxed to the point where they have to leave the home they grew up in or where they might have settled 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:09 pm

I don't like where I live and hope to get back to the Chicago area which is the area I grew up in.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:06 am

I'm apathetic; while growing subtly discontented. I saved for years, took out a few loans, and borrowed from my parents, to be able to afford to move into my house; so I can't see not living here at least ten years. However, the next time I move, I am aiming for out of state. I can't take the temperamental Michigan weather/winters and roads. I need to go some place warm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:42 am

I love where I live. I own my townhouse (my mom and dad signed it over to us children when they got divorced in the late 80's) and I have no mortgage, just taxes. It has a garden apt which I rent out (that takes care of the taxes).

I can't see myself leaving NY right now, but my partner has mentioned when retirement time comes around we should leave the city for warmer climates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like where you live?   Do you like where you live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you like where you live?
Page 1 of 1