CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Back from the fair!

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Back from the fair! Empty Back from the fair!

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 am

So I survived again, oh and the cotton candy was very good, Tony.

Well, I accomplished half of my goals for this time; it was the same company and same rides as last year, the only 2 I didn't go on last time were the zipper, and the Patriot. The kids I went with, everybody was too scared to go on either one, fortunately I found out the Patriot isn't a mandatory 2 people to each seat kind of ride. The Patriot is what's called a pendulum ride but I couldn't find any videos and hardly any pictures of the right kind but this is what it looks like:

Back from the fair! Skyflyer

probably some people here know them and have been on them....I chickened out of it a couple of times and then finally decided I was going to go on it. It wasn't TOO bad until the point where we were all upside down and I fell forward and my legs fall out from under me and my glasses about fall off, THAT was the point where I was screaming.

Overall it wasn't too terrible and I'm thinking next year I may even do it with my eyes open. big grin Seriously, that is my only defense from flat out panicking when I realize how high up we are and how fast we're moving, I did that on the Spider too (never going on that again) and that was the only thing keeping me from screaming 'Oh my God!' every time we went up and down. I have a slight problem with some of these rides, even though I know they've been made to work this way and they've been tested, I still get that awful feeling that at any time when we go swooping through the air, something could go wrong and I'm going to fall out. That's why the Patriot wasn't as bad as the Spider, because you are esentially locked in a cage, not like the Spider where you're not even strapped in and that big gap's open between your feet!

So I accomplished one goal, unfortunately I couldn't get anybody to go on the Zipper with me so I didn't get to see how bad that one was.

Overall it was a fun time and the food was alright (hot dogs, lemonade, caramel apples and cotton candy), but not very filling. And even now, 2 hours later I still feel like I'm teetering back and forth on the rides, I'm hoping that ends soon.

Oh, and I decided to spend a little money on the dart/balloon game, got 10 darts, hit 9 balloons in a row, not bad for my first time I think, and I won one of the kids a toy gun with plastic bullets and he's just in love with that thing. So overall it was a pretty good night.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Back from the fair! Empty Re: Back from the fair!

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 am

So glad you enjoyed. I wish you could go again this weekend? Is that an option?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 am

Glad you had a good time!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

Glad u had a good time! I know the ride you have in the picture its called a lot of different names, I knew it as the Dive Bomber. It swings back and forth and eventually loops all the way around. It hesitates falling down when its upside down and thats when everyone starts screaming lOL.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 am

RedBedroom wrote:So glad you enjoyed. I wish you could go again this weekend? Is that an option?

Unfortunately not, for two reasons, one it would cost too much, and two, our fair only runs from Tuesday to Saturday and Saturday is when they start taking the rides apart, definitely would NOT want to be there on that night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 pm