CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
CeCe
RedBedroom
Chris
Cheaps
Tony Marino
10 posters

Have You ever been to a Country Fair?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Have You ever been to a Country Fair? Empty Have You ever been to a Country Fair?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

What are they like? I would like to go to one some day.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Have You ever been to a Country Fair? Empty Re: Have You ever been to a Country Fair?

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 pm

country or county?

we have the county fair here every year here during labor day weekend.. loved it growing up but i havent been to one in a really long time. and it was mostly for rides. i don't go to see farm animals and such or any vendors.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Have You ever been to a Country Fair? Empty Re: Have You ever been to a Country Fair?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:03 pm

cheaps wrote:country or county?

we have the county fair here every year here during labor day weekend.. loved it growing up but i havent been to one in a really long time. and it was mostly for rides. i don't go to see farm animals and such or any vendors.

I guess either one. We don't have them here, maybe upstate NY they do. They just look like fun to go to.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:09 pm

I wonder if they're anything like a State Fair. We have, or had, them here in Michigan. They're pleasant. The rides are tamer, and there is more focus on things like animal shows. A good thing to take your young children or nieces/nephews on a Saturday afternoon.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Chris wrote:I wonder if they're anything like a State Fair. We have, or had, them here in Michigan. They're pleasant. The rides are tamer, and there is more focus on things like animal shows. A good thing to take your young children or nieces/nephews on a Saturday afternoon.

They are like a state fair, only on a smaller scale. we have a county fair here, and a state fair in a bigger city.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:30 pm

The county fair in the area we lived in when I was in high school was quite the thing. In an area where NOTHING ever happens, the fair is a big deal. Everyone has fun and socializes and it is a big thing for the 4H kids to show their animals and for men to show their tractors.

We have a county fair here too, but since it is a big city, it isn't as "homey".

One thing I have noticed is that prices for these fairs have gone down tremendously. People must have stopped going due to how expensive it was, so they now have good deals on the rides and stuff.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:31 pm

cheaps wrote:
    Chris wrote:I wonder if they're anything like a State Fair. We have, or had, them here in Michigan. They're pleasant. The rides are tamer, and there is more focus on things like animal shows. A good thing to take your young children or nieces/nephews on a Saturday afternoon.

They are like a state fair, only on a smaller scale. we have a county fair here, and a state fair in a bigger city.

Perfect description. Lots of animals, quilts, canned fruit & vegetables, baked pies & cakes. Rides & food vendors.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:32 pm

^^ Yes Red they had gotten expensive here too, which was a big reason why i stopped going.. I don't think it's gone down too much. My friends spent alot of money last year, but they do have a lot of kids.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:38 pm

We have a county fair here every year, I've been to the last 2, they're alright. They don't compare to state fairs I'm sure but still for a few hours one night of the year it's a good place to just go and have fun.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm

RedBedroom wrote:The county fair in the area we lived in when I was in high school was quite the thing. In an area where NOTHING ever happens, the fair is a big deal. Everyone has fun and socializes and it is a big thing for the 4H kids to show their animals and for men to show their tractors.

We have a county fair here too, but since it is a big city, it isn't as "homey".

One thing I have noticed is that prices for these fairs have gone down tremendously. People must have stopped going due to how expensive it was, so they now have good deals on the rides and stuff.

Red its what I imagined it to be like Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah.....it was an annual thing when I used to live down south. Static and county fair. They were pretty cool. Definitely something to do and its good revenue for the city and state.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:47 pm

We go to the county fair where we lve but it's nothing compared to the one up north by my brother in law. That place rocks!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 am

Last time I went to the state fair, I was 7....I remember kicking dirt on one of the ride operators because he said I was too short to get on.

My impression of these types of fairs are that they're like local carnivals, with a few more local attractions. Probably not a bad time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 am

Marc™️ wrote:Last time I went to the state fair, I was 7....I remember kicking dirt on one of the ride operators because he said I was too short to get on.

My impression of these types of fairs are that they're like local carnivals, with a few more local attractions. Probably not a bad time.

laughing
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

I go to the county fair (1 mile from me) every year, as well as the State Fair in Salem. I especially love the State Fair. A little something for most people ~ the midway (and we love carnival night lights), vendors, crafts, good tasty junk food, various animals, and a lot of different entertainment.

You should go. You may or may not want to go again but at least give it a one-time shot. Do expect inflated prices in everything, though. But once you bite into a carmel apple or curley fries you won't think about it much anymore.

Oregon does have a country fair outside of Eugene. It's a "hippie fair" and a whole different thing altogether. It's colorful, has lots of funky entertainment, terrific foods, crafts, and even areas for kids. But no carnival. Lots of crazy mini parades that go through the grounds periodically.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:18 pm