CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Ever go to a Job Fair?

GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Ever go to a Job Fair? Empty Ever go to a Job Fair?

Post by GrayWolf Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I went to one once, stood in a long line that stretched all the way outside with a bunch of other desperate jobless losers for about 2 hrs., hearing a bunch of depressing stories about unemployment with the stench of sad hope in the air of getting lucky at this long shot. Then got in the room finally and did nothing but stand in more lines to make small talk with job recruiters and fill out a bunch of random apps. The only place that called me back was the Army and I didn't even wanna talk to them, they stopped and browbeat me into giving them my info. Said I'd never go to another one.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ever go to a Job Fair? Empty Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 pm

I have been, but not in years, so not in this economy. When I first moved here in 1994, jobs were everywhere and job fairs were very beneficial. Now, I could see more being like the one you described.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 pm

I did once....it was a long, tedious process that didn't amount to anything. The recruiters kept on saying to go to their site and apply online. I'm like, "I came all the way out here for you to tell me that?"
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 pm

I've been to one. It was in the spring of 2009. It actually wasn't too bad, it eventually lead me to become employed. But Marc, I totally get what you're saying about the online application thing - I heard that a few times at the fair and it was irritating!
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 am

I went to one in 2007 that was held at a Holiday Inn hotel. I had an invite, so I didn't have to wait in the line. It was okay, but being overloaded with apps, and having to repeatedly write out my same employement history info over and over got annoying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 pm