CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent? Empty Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent?

Post by Chris Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 am

When you go to the movies, are you entertained or annoyed when the crowd verbally reacts to the happenings on screen?

Have you ever been at a movie theater and yelled back the screen?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent? Empty Re: Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent?

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

As long as it's not excessive or overly disruptive it's fine. Sometimes things are funny or shocking or...whatever. We had a blast at The Hangover Part II.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent? Empty Re: Movie theater crowd: rowdy or silent?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 am

I say somewhere in the middle. Total silent crowds are rarely good (unless the movie is one of those movies that leaves people speechless, in a good way), but "rowdy" isn't good either. How about some normal laughing at funny scenes, screaming at jump scenes, and "awwww" at the "ridiculously cheesy but we love it" scenes?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 am

I dont mind when the scenes are SO intense and people react out loud in the moment. I sometimes do that. But continual chatter about thru the movie bugs me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 am

RobbieFTW wrote:I dont mind when the scenes are SO intense and people react out loud in the moment. I sometimes do that. But continual chatter about thru the movie bugs me.

Yep. And I've been known to tell someone to shut the hell up.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Yep. And I've been known to tell someone to shut the hell up.

co-signs Now that is annoying.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 am

depends on the flick. When I saw dead again the people kept ooohhh awww ing and it was normal. when i saw Friday the 13th Part 6, the entire crowd was hooting and hollering for jason and it was down right fun! lol... im serious i had a blast. I guess by part 6 u dont expect to be scared anyway big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 am

I wish they WOULD react, generally, except for when it's time to laugh, if they're not talking amongst themselves, they're as quiet as a tomb.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am

RobbieFTW wrote:I dont mind when the scenes are SO intense and people react out loud in the moment. I sometimes do that. But continual chatter about thru the movie bugs me.

co-signs I do react at intense moments in a theater.. but I don't chatter throughout the whole thing.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 pm

well... when i went to see psycho a guy in the front row and a guy in the back row were arguing over the one talking too loud. They were yelling for like 10 mins till one pulled a gun. I was terrified. This one guy was huge, and I really thought i was gonna get shot! Then things calmed down and all got quiet again. Never went back to that theater tho
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

wants2laugh wrote:well... when i went to see psycho a guy in the front row and a guy in the back row were arguing over the one talking too loud. They were yelling for like 10 mins till one pulled a gun. I was terrified. This one guy was huge, and I really thought i was gonna get shot! Then things calmed down and all got quiet again. Never went back to that theater tho

Wow! I wouldn't have gone back either!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 pm

CeCe wrote:

Wow! I wouldn't have gone back either!

co-signs that's too rowdy..
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 pm

wants2laugh wrote:well... when i went to see psycho a guy in the front row and a guy in the back row were arguing over the one talking too loud. They were yelling for like 10 mins till one pulled a gun. I was terrified. This one guy was huge, and I really thought i was gonna get shot! Then things calmed down and all got quiet again. Never went back to that theater tho

Well that's when you get the usher who's making $6 and hour!

Laugh if it's funny, scream if it's scary but don't talk to the screen. And turn off your fucking cell phone!
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

I think silence at golden at the movie theater. Rowdy is rude. You're not there to disturb everyone else, you're there to watch a movie. If you want to be rowdy and do as you please, that's what DVDs in your home are for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:21 am