CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters

Are you offended when other people disrespect your music?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you offended when other people disrespect your music? Empty Are you offended when other people disrespect your music?

Post by Chris Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 am

Does it bother you when the type of music, or artists, you like is disparaged by others?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Are you offended when other people disrespect your music? Empty Re: Are you offended when other people disrespect your music?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:56 am

LOL, why? Have you gotten complaints about me? Wink Not really. Even if the implication is that there's something wrong with me for liking that. Fuck 'em. Shrugs (Oh well…) Not going to stop me from posting music I like in the Music Chamber. big grin Same goes for my taste in anything. I know it's great. There are many genre's I don't care for that other's are big fans of. I don't disparage them. Simply saying, "I don't care for that" isn't disrespect.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Are you offended when other people disrespect your music? Empty Re: Are you offended when other people disrespect your music?

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 am

I like what I like, and I'm a big girl. You can like what you like. This is america, not the soviet union (that did not work anyway). If someone is not paying for something of mine, then they can say anything they want about it, cause their opinion does not matter. When they start paying my rent, my car payments, my credit cards then I might tend to care.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 am

No, I don't get offended... people have different tastes.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 pm

You don't have to like what I like, but don't disrespect it. I know I listen to good shit. If you disrespect a certain artist, there will be hell to pay.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:You don't have to like what I like, but don't disrespect it. I know I listen to good shit. If you disrespect a certain artist, there will be hell to pay.

Baby girl....them Marley's owe me $5. You tell them fools they better pay what they owe by tomorrow, or I'm coming at them heads with some fresh sheers.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Marc™️ wrote:

Baby girl....them Marley's owe me $5. You tell them fools they better pay what they owe by tomorrow, or I'm coming at them heads with some fresh sheers.
    ROFLMAO!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Marc™ wrote:

Are you offended when other people disrespect your music? 954338

Which Marley? Are you offended when other people disrespect your music? 253468018
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Not offended. People like what they like & that's ok. There's no reason to personally disrespect a particular musician without a damn good reason based in some kind of...facts.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:41 pm

It only really bothers me a bit because the dislike always comes from my husband. He thinks anything that isn't on the Top 40 chart is druggie music--very closed minded about certain things and music is one of them. He can't understand why the whole world doesn't think exactly like him, especially me, his wife, so he makes these little digs and comments about stuff all the time. Music is a main one, so that's why I keep it to myself and listen only in the car, at work or with my earplugs in if he's around. He can be such an asshole at times, because I know he actually means the stuff he says.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 am