CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
8 posters

Do you still have school pride for your high school?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you still have school pride for your high school? Empty Do you still have school pride for your high school?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:01 am

I maybe would have never thought of this topic, but for the fact someone on Facebook began a "You know you went to PHS if..." group. I was added by someone and the threads are better than any soap opera!

Anyway, I find myself defensive toward some who are posting mean things when they did not even attend the school, but know someone who did.

I never thought I would have any defense of any of it, but I do. Strange.

Anyway, it is so interesting. I realized that I don't recall a lot of the social issues due to who we were and who we knew. And teachers' oddities.

It has been very cool as I have been able to show my son that some of the stuff I told him wasn't b.s., as others are stating the same!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you still have school pride for your high school? Empty Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 am

Pride? Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Shame? no
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you still have school pride for your high school? Empty Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?

Post by Shale Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 am

It's been about half a century since I graduated from Ritenour High School. This is the familiar facade that I saw for four years:

Do you still have school pride for your high school? 2010Sep16kRitenourHiShale

But the student demographics have changed, as has the neighborhood. Lots more brown faces in the crowded hall when I visited. Those who taut me are likely dead or near it. So, that majestic brick bldg is all that ties me to my high school.

However, I seem to have forgotten any bad things about it - only remember the thrill of learning our interpretation of the world in the early '60s and feeling my entry into it as a budding adult. It was a time of discovery, a pursuit that I continue to this day.

IDK if it is pride in the school today, but pride in the memory of what it did for me, pride in my launch pad you might say.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 am

I'm slightly proud of it having been apart of my own personal history, but I'm not 'representing' my high school all these years later.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 am

LOL, not really.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Can't say that I do, no. I have more 'pride' in my college alma mater than I do HS.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm not sure I had a lot of pride while I was there, nevermind now. LOL I never even bought a class ring because I thought it was a waste of money and once you graduate high school, you sort look like an idiot still wearing your varsity letter-jacket or school ring. Glory days--get over 'em and move on!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I'm not sure I had a lot of pride while I was there, nevermind now. LOL I never even bought a class ring because I thought it was a waste of money and once you graduate high school, you sort look like an idiot still wearing your varsity letter-jacket or school ring. Glory days--get over 'em and move on!

I still wore my class ring until I lost it. Matter fact, I gotta call them up and get it replaced since I can get a free replacement. I don't think it's idiotic to wear your class ring in the least.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:14 am

Do you still have school pride for your high school?

Do you still have school pride for your high school? 1zbaofo-vi187

and I think its safe to say I never did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 pm