CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Chris
6 posters

Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand? Empty Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand?

Post by Chris Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:53 pm

To the females here, if you discovered that you were pregnant and simply did not want the child, would you terminate the pregnancy or set up plans to have someone else adopt it?

To everyone: which choice do you think is the more viable option? Me, I fully support 'Pro-Choice.' I don't think Abortion should be illegal, nor do I believe that any female who chooses to abort should be harassed for that decision. But having a child myself, I think has bias'd me to seeing it as the very last option to consider.

What's your opinion?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand? Empty Re: Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am

At this point in my life, I'm not ready to have children. So I take the proper precautions to have that not happen. And if I do slip up, right now, this second, my mind says that I'd prob. get an abortion. And I'm totally pro-choice but I'm against using it as a form of birth control. Women who have multiple abortions (other than a medical necessity and that's rare) are a disgrace. A girl I knew from high school was FOUR months into her pregnancy and decided to get an abortion. That to me is fucking trifling. I'm totally against that. If you decide at that stage that you don't want to the baby anymore, then you should give it up for adoption. I'm not for one more than the other. If you want an abortion, that's cool....if you're against it and plan on just putting the baby up for adoption, that's cool too.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand? Empty Re: Abortion vs. Adoption - where do you stand?

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:21 am

Unless she immediately knows someone who'd be willing and suitable to adopt, I can't instantly second guess any woman who opts to abort. Really it's a personal choice any way you slice it. That's my generic answer. I want kids and have been ready to get pregnant for about five years now, so I can't really put myself in the position of there being an unwanted pregnancy to answer this question clearly.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:20 am

The way I see it, a woman should only be able to get an abortion if her health is at risk if she carries to full term, or if she was raped...it shouldn't be blindly available to every woman too careless to take precautions, and since everybody loves to go on about how accurate condoms are MOST of the time, we can guess the majority of women getting in line for abortions didn't have the rubbers break on them. It sounds mean, but that's just how I am, every idiot knows sex between a fertile man and woman is going to run the risk of pregnancy, you can't act surprised when that's the #1 way of HOW any woman gets pregnant.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 pm

At this point in my life, I'm not ready for children. I'm responsible and healthy in personal life, but if I were ever to become pregnant anytime soon, I would have an abortion, absolutely, I wouldn't even have to think about it.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Neither. I would bite the bullet and have it, and raise it myself...even if I weren't trying to have a kid. The way I see it, I'm too old to be able to use the excuse of not being prepared for motherhood while being sexually active. I'm fully aware that it can happen. Ten years ago I may have aborted, but today I'd just try and take it in stride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:34 am