CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
stavdash
mindfuck
CatEyes10736
RedBedroom
JADACITY
Nhaiyel
Chris
11 posters

On the issue of abortion, where do you stand?

Poll

When it comes to abortion, I am...

[ 0 ]
    On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_left0%On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_left71%On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 2 ]
    On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_left29%On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Empty On the issue of abortion, where do you stand?

Post by Chris Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Empty Re: On the issue of abortion, where do you stand?

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 pm

In between.

I wouldn't ever want to see the days of it being illegal return. However, for me personally, I couldn't imagine ever aborting a child...unless I was raped or if the doctor advised it, per the discovery of a pending birth defect. If I became pregnant from a mere case of chance, or not taking proper precaution, I would own up to the responsibility of the life I created and have it. I don't approve of abortion as after the fact birth control.

So in other words, I support "pro-choice," even if I don't always agree with the choice to abort.
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

On the issue of abortion, where do you stand? Empty Re: On the issue of abortion, where do you stand?

Post by JADACITY Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

^ co-signs

I guess I'd be "officially" pro-choice but I think the "choice" to get an abortion IMO is a poor one. I once knew a girl who got pregnant and had an abortion. I asked her why she didn't have it and just put it up for adoption and her answer was "I couldn't have a baby and then give it away". To me that's just all around selfish.

And as a MAN, I don't like that women have absolute say in this. I mean it's not fair that the father can't have a say in it too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 pm

I am pro choice. However, I think it is awful that it can be all to easy for females to obtain multiple abortions with no accountability.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm

What a lot of people don't get (why, I don't know because it's pretty simple) is that "pro-choice" doesn't automatically mean "pro-abortion." I'm pro-choice and if I ever became pregnant, 95 times out of 100 I would have the baby. That would be my CHOICE. I really can't imagine myself having an abortion any more than I can imagine actually being told that I couldn't.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:What a lot of people don't get (why, I don't know because it's pretty simple) is that "pro-choice" doesn't automatically mean "pro-abortion." I'm pro-choice and if I ever became pregnant, 95 times out of 100 I would have the baby. That would be my CHOICE. I really can't imagine myself having an abortion any more than I can imagine actually being told that I couldn't.

Wow, that is so well said, Cat.
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by mindfuck Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 am

I'm no fan of women who have multiple abortions to cover their sexually reckless behavior, but I'm less of a fan of welfare mothers who keep pumping out new babies every year that the government (i.e. taxpayers) have to take care of.

Pro-choice.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm

JADACITY wrote:And as a MAN, I don't like that women have absolute say in this. I mean it's not fair that the father can't have a say in it too.

I am not quite getting what you mean. A father can have a say (i.e. "opinion"), just not an authoritative one. Since it is the woman who actually has to put up with the burden of pregnancy, and bare the brunt of the major operation that is childbirth, the final say about whether or not she has to go through any of this is hers. After the child is born, things can become 50/50 between mother and father in regards to how it is reared and raised. While the would-be child is inside her body, though, her decision about whether or not it will be carried to term takes precedence over his opinion.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:13 pm

I hope everyone who is loudly "pro-life" owns a daycare, or at least works at one.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by SkwirtB Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 am

Yeah really. I imagine many of those bible belt picketers who screams about abortion being murder would be the first to condemn a welfare mother.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:33 am

I live in a small-ish city. And we don't have a lot of protests here, but do only have one clinic that does perform abortions. And I get so pissed at the picketers. They stand at a busy corner, near the clinic and boast graphic signs. I get so mad at them. One day, I hope I grow a pair, and just park, and walk up to the protesters and ask them why they don't better spend their time volunteering with at risk youth.

Years ago, I was a young mother, and had a pain in my lower stomach that just would not go away. Then, after months of that pain, I could feel something there. I was really thinking it was a tumor or something. I did not have health insurance at the time, and was so afraid to get it checked out. Finally, I went to a free clinic.

Well, the doctor who saw me was not sure what was going on, but referred me to a women's health clinic that would see me for free. It happened to be the one clinic in my city that performed abortions. Anyway, what my issue was is that I grew scar tissue on the inside of my body where I had my cesarean section when my son was born. So, I was thankful that it wasn't serious.

Anyway, on the day I was to go for the outpatient surgery to get it removed, my dad came to my home to be with me. I did not ask him to, but he did anyway.

Well, Dad ended up driving me and when we were walking into the clinic, we were met by protesters. They just assumed that I was there for an abortion. The protesters yelled at us and said mean things to me about "choosing abortion", and to my dad, saying, "How could you raise a child who is willing to kill your grandchild."

Prior to that experience, I did not like that pro-lifers do not always seem to best use their time. Now, after that, I still respect those who are pro-life, but I really wish they took all that concern and better used their time.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

That's an incredible story Red. It just goes to show how ignorant (keyword...ignorant...because in your case they truly had no clue) some radicals can be in their failing attempt to puppet master the rest of society with their beliefs. I would have had some choice words to say back to whoever it was that decided to expand their verbal berate to my father for simply being supportive. That would have pushed me over the edge.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

I am for it only when the mother might die from carrying to full term, or if she was raped. Unfortunately, it's said those only account for 2% of all the ones performed. And seeing as how there are 1.3 million performed every year in America alone...that leaves you to wonder. Now, I'm guessing these 1.3 million women have not lived in a cave their whole lives so knew about protection...but everybody praises condoms and birth control for being so accurate so it's a safe bet the majority of those pregnancies didn't happen from a faulty condom. So it would seem these million and 2.3 hundred thousand women are using abortion as a simple form of birth control. Hmmm, they couldn't use a pill or a condom but they're going to shell out all this money for a dangerous procedure they could just as likely die during the process of. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Since everybody knows pregnancy results from sex, for all these people who clearly don't want a baby it makes you wonder why they didn't take more precautions to making sure it didn't happen.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Supernova wrote:I am for it only when the mother might die from carrying to full term, or if she was raped. Unfortunately, it's said those only account for 2% of all the ones performed. And seeing as how there are 1.3 million performed every year in America alone...that leaves you to wonder. Now, I'm guessing these 1.3 million women have not lived in a cave their whole lives so knew about protection...but everybody praises condoms and birth control for being so accurate so it's a safe bet the majority of those pregnancies didn't happen from a faulty condom. So it would seem these million and 2.3 hundred thousand women are using abortion as a simple form of birth control. Hmmm, they couldn't use a pill or a condom but they're going to shell out all this money for a dangerous procedure they could just as likely die during the process of. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Since everybody knows pregnancy results from sex, for all these people who clearly don't want a baby it makes you wonder why they didn't take more precautions to making sure it didn't happen.

Ditto. I said in another thread that, while I support the decision ultimately being left up to the woman, I'm really not a fan of the decision itself. On the one hand, if 20 year old Tracy has four kids (who the system is paying for), and becomes pregnant with her fifth, I can't argue that an abortion should be a viable option. At the same time, will someone please fit her for a chastity belt? I'm a bigger fan of adoption, even if it is not always a guarantee.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Well nothing's a guarantee. But of course, people say 'well adopted kids have all those problems, some are drug addicts, some are'...and more people are fans of the idea of artificial insemination. However a new study shows sperm donor kids suffer FAR more than adopted kids do, and members of both sides agree it's better to adopt than get a baby from the help of a clinic.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah I'm pro-choice and all that BS, but I would really like to tax the women who get multiple abortions more.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Now that sounds like a good idea, yeah they can afford the abortion itself, but what if a tax was put on it as well?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:29 pm