CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 am

Honestly, I think a lot of people get their pilot license only because they are really rich and can and have the want and means to do it, and they are motivated by how it makes them seem more worldly and sophisticated. But there are people who genuinely love aviation, and are motivated by the love of it to maintain a plane and use it.

I have two friends who have their own planes and both are small planes. I think both are five seaters. One of them is snootier about it than the other, but both are really great guys and while I haven't gone up with either of them, I would trust either of them completely. In fact, my son is staying with one of them this week and is flying with him in the morning. My son has flown with him before, and yes, it makes me nervous as hell, but it went fine all the other times, and I know it will again. If I didn't trust the friend completely, I would be nuts about it. I really don't look at it much differently than when I fly with my son on an Embraer to Chicago.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?

Post by Chris Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:21 am

Not my thing. I love to fly, but I have no desire to be the pilot; nor would I want to board someone's small, private plane while they themselves flew it, after having limited experience doing it. If you're rich enough to afford a plane, then you should be rich enough to hire someone with years of professional pilot experience to fly it for you.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 am

Red, I'm sure your son will be fine. I would be nervous too but that's normal. To me, people having their own plane and a pilot's license to fly it is no different than someone having a boat and knowing how to sail it. Neither is my cup of tea but if you've got the means and love to fly or sail... Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 am

I think they get a pilot's license because they want a pilot's license. I know I ain't getting on nobody's private plane. Commercial flights all the way baby!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:21 am