CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Suzi
RedBedroom
8 posters

People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age. Empty People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age.

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 12:47 am

My son is finally tall enough to be considered on the low end of average. And that is good. All through elementary, he was smaller than the smallest girl in any of his grades.

And some people were just so rude about it. It bothered him to a point. I never liked people who harped on it.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age. Empty Re: People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age.

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 am

Mine too was one of those little guys, I never told him but I worried that he was going to end up 4ft 9in like my mother. He finally broke 5 foot at 15. Then he grew 1 foot in one year and finally topped out at 6'4". He grew so fast that he has stretch marks on his back, everyone thinks he was in a knife fight so he is considered very macho.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age. Empty Re: People should never bring up to a child, especially a boy, how small they are for their age.

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 1:38 am

Wow...your son really grew up...literally.

I know my son favors my side of the family and we are pixies. So he most likely won't end up too tall. But I am so happy he is not the smallest anymore. There is a racing buddy named Zack who is 15 and has remained so short and tiny and I was just looking at a photo of Z on FB and felt so sad for him. Kids were totally knocking him down on his size. Some kids do sprout up like your boy did. I had a kid in my high school who did the same.

While I don't think that is my son's fate, I still despise people cutting any kid down for their size.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 am

We went through the same thing with my niece. She was always so teeny tiny, when she was 3 she was able to wear my doll's dress AND her tiny little plastic shoes. She just never grew and was always so small and my mother and her mother were always worried she would never grow. And it was something that we NEVER talked about when she was around. Personally I never worried about it, I figured she'd catch up sooner or later, and in the last few years she did finally shoot up and now she's a normal size and she's even taller than me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 am

I guess comments could be expected from his peers (kids have always been cruel) but adults should know better.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 2:38 am

In the 8th grade my son got stuffed in a locker, he was not happy , he and one other boy were the smallest in the school. Both ended up growing to heights that they didn't have to worry about locker stuffing any more.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 2:49 am

in the state of NJ, the birth date cut off for public school is Oct 1st. My nephew was Oct 6th... but he wanted to go to school with his neighborhood friends, so my sis sent him to a private kindergarten--- which made him the youngest and smallest kid in the class when he entered 1st grade.

He remained short alllll thru high school, however he did not mind, because between his shortness and the girls wearing platforms, he was eye level with all their breasts--- we actually had to get the girls to take off their shoes for pics. As a high school kid, he loved it... he didnt really start to grow until he was out of school.

My brother on the other hand is really short in a pic at 14, then at 16 he is a foot taller than me in my graduation pics. Good luck to ur son!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 am

wants2laugh wrote:we actually had to get the girls to take off their shoes for pics

So black leather shoes really do reflect up?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 2:58 am

Funny enough, a kid totally opposite from my son told me, "The girls love him because he is so compact." And this boy, tall, black and entirely adorable was always honest with me when I asked him questions. I could ask Jalen if my son ever swore in school and J would say, "not at all...when teachers could hear.." Or, does he cheat on tests, "Yeah, he gives the answers in English all the time..." I despise this boy moved out of the district. I loved him as one of my son's friends. He always sang like a canary.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 am

He was the rat of the pack?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am

It's just an observation. Since boys mature slower than girls, they'll grow into their bodies soon enough. Around 13 when he starts growing like a weed and eating you out of a house and home.....you're gonna wish he was smaller.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am

It's just an observation. Since boys mature slower than girls, they'll grow into their bodies soon enough. Around 13 when he starts growing like a weed and eating you out of a house and home.....you're gonna wish he was smaller.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 am

Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri May 25, 2012 5:43 pm

The smallest boy in my class in grammer school wound up being the tallest in high school. It was about his sophmore year that he began sprouting up like a weed. He even made the basketball team.

I had the opposite situation. I was the tallest girl in the class and heard about it all the time.

Just tell your son that small or tall he is a great kid. And that when he gets out in the world, he will meet people of all shapes and sizes so what unkind things people may say to him today just isn't important.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun May 27, 2012 11:27 pm

I would agree that it's something that an adult shouldn't say in a boy's earshot. Boys tend to be sensitive about their small stature....the last thing they need to hear it from is an adult.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:38 pm