CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
Chris
8 posters

If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job? Empty If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job?

Post by Chris Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 am

Keep in mind that a million doesn't necessarily set you for life anymore, and that with a penny spent you'd no longer be a millionaire. If you came into one million dollars even, would you continue at your current place of employment?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job? Empty Re: If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job?

Post by Cheaps Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 am

Yes I would up until I get my cosmetology license or put myslef through culinary school then, with money open my own beauty shop or catering business... still not sure which one I'd go for. Leaning towards beauty shop.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job? Empty Re: If you became one million dollars richer, would you quit your job?

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 pm

I'd change jobs but stay working in my field. I love what I do, just not necessarily where I do it or who I do it with, all the time, so a million would set me up to

A. Have no worries about paying for my daughter's college education and

B. Be able to make a career move and/or relocate and set myself up to be where I'd eventually like to be in life.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 pm

I have already taken a 25% pay cut and am on the verge of losing my job anyhow, so a million bucks would come in handy.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Opa Shale wrote:I have already taken a 25% pay cut and am on the verge of losing my job anyhow, so a million bucks would come in handy.

Sorry about that! I don't think I'll ever feel secure in a job again either. Anyway, no, just $1,000,000 isn't enough for me to stop working just yet but at least I would be able to retire.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm

After taxes? As much as I would like to, no. But I definitely wouldn't give a shit about the people there and my tongue around my managers and co-workers would get a little loose.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:59 am

I would quit. Then someday maybe return to work when under more convenient circumstances.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 am

Take the million, quit, and retire to the phillipines.... would last a lifetime there!

and you could all come with me too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:37 am