CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CatEyes10736
TPP
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Chris
9 posters

For a million dollars, would you…

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

For a million dollars, would you… Empty For a million dollars, would you…

Post by Chris Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Would you be willing to have chilling, terrifying, afraid-to-sleep, nightmares every night for a year if you would be rewarded with a million dollars?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

For a million dollars, would you… Empty Re: For a million dollars, would you…

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Absolutely not. I would be a wreck long before I could cash the check, if the lack of sleep didn't do me in first.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Right now when I'm not desperate? I don’t think so. I solid year of lousy sleep would probably do a number on me and I’m not selling my health that cheaply. They say everyone has their price though so I'm willing to negotiate. :biggrin:
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm

hmmm...I have five kids under 10 so I've not slept for 10 years anyway and I'm doing okay. So I'm going to say yes, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a million dollars for my family Smile

Of course I'm up to my ears in debt right now since my husband was out of work for 3 months with an injury so I may be willing to do it out of desperation...Had you asked me the same question 3 months ago I may have had a very different answer!
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 pm

I don't think so. A year of that I imagine would be pretty psychologically damaging. How much of that million would wind up having to go to therapy to get my head back on straight?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Nope, absolutely not, I would be Norman Bates after that experience.

How is Baby Anthony Cat??
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Nope, absolutely not, I would be Norman Bates after that experience.

Baby Anthony keeps making me feel like I'm ferris wheel nauseous. Wish he'd cut that and just kick instead. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Nope, absolutely not, I would be Norman Bates after that experience.

Baby Anthony keeps making me feel like I'm ferris wheel nauseous. Wish he'd cut that and just kick instead. Razz

I am sure that he will let up on that soon and you will feel a lot better.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

They say it's after 13 weeks it begins to go away, so another two months of this. We'll see how this is all going by the end of Feb.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

They say it's after 13 weeks it begins to go away, so another two months of this. We'll see how this is all going by the end of Feb.

Thats a long time, but here is a hug to get you by big hugz
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Awww. Thanks Tony. big hugz
    Fortunately it's been only fleeting moments. I haven't gotten dog sick yet, hopefully it stays that way.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
    Awww. Thanks Tony. big hugz
    Fortunately it's been only fleeting moments. I haven't gotten dog sick yet, hopefully it stays that way.

I guess all pregnancies are different so hopefully you won't suffer, nothing worse than having to hug the bowl.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:14 pm

It's too bad because I wanted to hug the bowl after partying on NYE, but Pepsi and Orange Juice is fine too I suppose. Neutral
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Nope - not worth what a year's lack of sleep would do. I'd end up having to spend the entire $1 million on recovery from the effects of severe sleep deprivation
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:It's too bad because I wanted to hug the bowl after partying on NYE, but Pepsi and Orange Juice is fine too I suppose. Neutral

Yes it is, you can celebrate next NYE, have grandma watch baby Anthony and you go have a good time!!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 am

I don't think I would do it for a million.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:45 am

RedBedroom wrote:I don't think I would do it for a million.

I would eat a bug, kiss a bat or hug a hedgehog but I can't think of any amount of money that would be worth the nightmares. Especially those vivid ones.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:07 pm

No. A year of sleep deprivation at the hands of mind startling nightmares would be enough to send anyone to the nut-farm. A million dollars isn't enough for my sanity.

Up it to two million, and we'll negotiate.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:45 am

I'm kinda surprised that only one person said yes. I guess it makes sense, but I think going into the situation *knowing* that I'd be having a years worth of terrifying dreams (and that on the other side stood one million dollars) would be enough for me to go ahead and agree.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:12 am

This is an edited clip about Travis Pastrana's night terrors. He is an amazing person who has done amazing things on a dirt bike yet he is plagued by night terrors. I find his bravery during the day more amazing considering how his nights of sleep are. FYI, the guy in the white shirt in this clip is his dad, who was very hard on him, and someone does mention it at about 1:49 that maybe his dad yelling at him all the time (to excel on his bike when he was a young racer) has something to do with it. I just think about what he goes through and I can't imagine, as a parent, dealing with night terrors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 am