CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nhaiyel
Cheaps
Supernova
Chris
Tony Marino
9 posters

Should anger management be mandatory in schools?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Should anger management be mandatory in schools? Empty Should anger management be mandatory in schools?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:56 pm

All of the senseless shootings, and knifings that go on now days got me to thinking...

Should anger management be part of a daily curiculum, taught in schools? From grade 1 through grade 12?

It seems to me that so many people, not just younger people do not know how, or ever learn for that matter how to control their violent urges. Many come from households where this is a way of life for them and has been for more than likely generations. It is the only way they know how to get their point across.

Do you feel that this is something that should be implemented and could actually work?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should anger management be mandatory in schools? Empty Re: Should anger management be mandatory in schools?

Post by Chris Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Perhaps not mandatory for every student, but I do think it would be a good idea for every school to have a program for it for the students who need it; and it should be the teachers, counselors and perhaps even the other students via surveys, who decide who should be required to take it. Not a bad idea.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Should anger management be mandatory in schools? Empty Re: Should anger management be mandatory in schools?

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Is there even any proof it works on adults?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I think Anger Management works for adults who have a desire to be more calm and enlightened.

With kids, particularly small children, I don't think there should necessarily be an option. If they have a habitual bad attitude, it should not be disregarded, downplayed or placated. Maybe 'Anger management' for them should have more of an element of 'Tough Love;' where if they don't check their temper and reactions, the consequences will be severe and not easy to tolerate.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't see any harm in it, especially to those kids who do have anger issues. It couldn't hurt.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:29 pm

It's not a bad idea. I just wonder how much of it would be aimless lip service versus actually making an impact. Since it's safe to say that all troubled kids in school probably come from an equally troubled and chaotic home life, how much good would less than an hours worth of Anger Management do compared to the rest of the negative influences coming their way the rest of the day? As I said, it's not a bad idea…but it's one of those situations were I think every adult in said child's life needs to be on-board and committed to having them see it through in order for it to make a substantial effect.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Should anger management be part of a daily curiculum, taught in schools? From grade 1 through grade 12?

No. It's the parent's job to teach the kid self restraint and not to lose their temper.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Should anger management be mandatory in schools? 2517814472

Don't know how effective it will be but I guess it's not a bad idea.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

I say take it up a notch and allow teachers and principals to order troubled kids to seek professional Anger Management outside of school.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

Yeah....if only to further stick it to a bad ass kick that needs a attitude readjustment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 9:00 pm