CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
6 posters

Minimum Wage Laws

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Minimum Wage Laws Empty Minimum Wage Laws

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

Do you think Minimum Wage Laws are essential or do they do more harm that good?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Minimum Wage Laws Empty Re: Minimum Wage Laws

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:37 am

I think in theory, they're not without purpose. The problem is that they do more harm than good now when the the stupid congress raises it time and time again, making it essentially useless.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 am

Minimum Wage Laws 954338

People have a problem with raising minimum wage. In a climate when the cost of EVERYTHING is going up. I swear, the gall of what people say still has the power to baffle me sometimes. In any case, to answer your question Marc, I think Minimum Wage laws are very essential. If there weren't any....we have modern day slavery.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:05 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Minimum Wage Laws 954338

People have a problem with raising minimum wage. In a climate when the cost of EVERYTHING is going up. I swear, the gall of what people say still has the power to baffle me sometimes. In any case, to answer your question Marc, I think Minimum Wage laws are very essential. If there weren't any....we have modern day slavery.
    co-signs

I also think elected 'public servants' should work for the minimum wages. (and don't pull that you gotta pay more to get quality ppl - look at Con-gress today and what we got for all the money wasted there. A bunch of high school dropouts could do better.)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:15 am

co-signs I think the current federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. That comes to $15,080 per year. On paper, that puts a family of 2 just over the U.S. H.H.S. poverty figure and a family of 3 just under. Yes, the minmum wage is essential.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 am

The minimum wage was never meant to be a wage to raise a family, and no matter how high you raise it, it never will be. You can raise it 'til the cows come home; it doesn't do squat to help people. The minimum wage has become a joke of what it was supposed to be. Yet people are dumb enough to fall for it. lol Economics is dead. FORGIVENESS MAN
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Opa Shale wrote:co-signs

I also think elected 'public servants' should work for the minimum wages. (and don't pull that you gotta pay more to get quality ppl - look at Con-gress today and what we got for all the money wasted there. A bunch of high school dropouts could do better.)
    co-signs Can you imagine what employers would try to pay if they they could get away with it?

And I agree politicians should have a REAL wage. It might even weed some of the money grubbing assbags out & allow the ones who would do the right things for the country to at least have the opportunity. One thing that SHOULD be taken away is the ability of the politicians to vote themselves a raise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am