CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
jennab85
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Supernova
femme fatale
9 posters

A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time Empty A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time

Post by femme fatale Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Have you ever known anyone who had a baby during the same period that their son or daughter also had a child? Wouldn't it be weird to have a new baby at the same time you became a grandparent?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time Empty Re: A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Sounds like when Darlene got pregnant on Roseanne and she was telling Dan 'not only are we going to have a grandchild roughly the same age as our own child, but our daughter is marrying the boy we've thought of as our son, I think this makes us officially THE white trashiest people in the world'.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time Empty Re: A new baby and a new grandchild at the same time

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Yes, my mom and grandma. My oldest sister and aunt area few weeks apart.

My mom got pregnant with her first child (my grandma's first grandchild) and my grandma was pregant with her last child. They were pregnant at the same time. My sister was born july (21st (same as me) and my aunt aug 5th.

Must also feel weird to be older than your aunt/
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:36 pm

I have. My sister's father became a grandfather and a father as the same time. My little sister has a niece about 2 months younger than her. My mother had my sister when she I was 19. I use to think of how crazy that would've been if I had a baby at that age (ironically enough, the same age my mother was when she had me).
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:39 am

I know a few people who have babies and grandchildren at the same time. My aunt had a baby four months before her daughter had a baby. My cousin was 16 at the time when she got pregnant and my aunt was still young at 36 when she had her baby at the same time as my cousin.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

A whole bunch of people. My grandmother gave birth to my mother seven months before my mom's sister gave birth to her son (my cousin). That's happened to at least five more relatives of mine. I also have a friend whose mother gave birth to him just 2 weeks before his sister had his niece and basically they grew up together like cousins and were in the same grade in school. You see this all the time in the South with the number of larger families.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:24 pm

My son and my niece are both three years younger than my youngest sister. Oh well :-)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Knew a woman once when I was a kid with this situation. If you start at an early age it's probably pretty common.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 pm

AtownPeep wrote:A whole bunch of people. My grandmother gave birth to my mother seven months before my mom's sister gave birth to her son (my cousin). That's happened to at least five more relatives of mine. I also have a friend whose mother gave birth to him just 2 weeks before his sister had his niece and basically they grew up together like cousins and were in the same grade in school. You see this all the time in the South with the number of larger families.

Add the fact that black people like to have their kids sporadically. It ain't nothing for a kid to be 12 and their sister is 32. Especially if they have a different mother/father.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:43 pm

In my jr high and high school years, we had two girls that were like that. One was aunt to the other.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:51 pm